Clash of the Accessories!

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Preparing for Laguna, I spent several hours installing the hardware for my Corbin Bags. It did not go as smooth as I would have hoped.

First, I was worried that the taller, oval Micron pipes might be too close or even touch the bags, but thank God that wasn't the case.

Second, the Corbin Bags utilize a support bracket that is mounted under the tail section. Another bracket mates to it thru the old refector holes. Well what the hell do you do if you have replaced the old fender with an undertail? It no longer has the reflector holes! So I knew that some drilling was in order. As I tried to position the tail piece over the bracket so that I could estimate the hole locations, I discovered that the bottom of the bracket bottoms out on the inside of the undertail and simply won't fit. So I ended up having to break out the dremmel and cut an opening for the bracket to slightly protrude thru the undertail. Fortunately, it all worked out, but it took a while.

Third, the most forward bungee hooks are replaced with longer, bigger bolts. The bags also attach there.

The bags look sweet! It is still irritating that they are a bit small, and don't pop off as fast and easy as I would like, and don't have carrying handles, but they are still pretty sweet!
The big question is how does this look without the bags? Nobody has ever shown such a picture, and I plan to ride more without the bags. I will throw the bags on for trips, shopping, and picnics. Those longer bolts take a bit of getting used to, but could look really sharp when polished. The brackets are a mat black and are ugly as hell. However, once polished or chromed, they will look OK. I will show a picture after I get the brackets polished.

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Nothing is EVER as easy as it seems! I will take pictures later. Should be 95 degrees here today.

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Took a few pictures, but don't even think you will be able to make out the mounting hardware when the bags are off.

Bags_3_small.jpg

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Damn that's a nice setup. Too bad they don't work on the '03.

dezzy7

Registered
The bags are sweet. I though about buying a pair but wasn't sure if i spent enough time on the road to actually invest in a pair.... Please give us a full run down on the performance-to- cost ration when you get back from laguna.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
goodluck clash of the titans with a motorcycle class tulsa Random Thoughts 9
tinmann840 Stormriders Clash Of Evils trailer Random Thoughts 4
R Clash of the titans General Bike Related Topics 17
rubbersidedown Anybody into those ball-cut accessories for Busa? General Bike Related Topics 8
S Help Me With Accessories Please? Gen II Busa Information 15
M Minnesotaguy Looking For Accessories Feedback New Owners Forum 2
c10 Aux pwr for all accessories how too . Electrical Mods 5
groran1000 bar for mounting accessories General Bike Related Topics 3
fallenarch Re-Wiring Accessories Busa Mods 4
D Best wires to power accessories... Electrical Mods 12
Mustafa Kemalettin Anlar Many Accessories added to '13 White/Gray Busa :) Appearance mods 13
busagirl4444 Girls Accessories General Bike Related Topics 9
captain Accessories from the gun show... Random Thoughts 14
X Anyone been to the Competition Accessories store in Rock Hill Sc? Random Thoughts 6
Pecan Pouch Competition Accessories Random Thoughts 13
N 06 Busa, undertail exhaust systems, accessories, maintenance's, known problems? Engine and Performance mods 6
skydivr GoPro HD's on sale Competition Accessories 5/16/11 General Bike Related Topics 11
sixpack577 Competition Accessories/tires General Bike Related Topics 16
Macfast Competition Accessories Road trip = Large Helmet Inventory = New lid for Macfast General Bike Related Topics 17
D I took a trip to Competition Accessories General Bike Related Topics 10
Blanca BusaLess Arai Helmet blowout sale at Competition Accessories General Bike Related Topics 8
Blanca BusaLess Blowout sale on SHOEI helmets from Competition Accessories General Bike Related Topics 20
NMBusa Competition Accessories General Bike Related Topics 28
zukracer Enclosed trailer accessories Random Thoughts 8
sleepless_red Competition Accessories having deals on tires General Bike Related Topics 0
omar8012 Frams sliders and other accessories Gen II Busa Information 26
Evil_keeps_me_young Competition accessories kevlar jeans General Bike Related Topics 12
S-R Racing Needle in a haystack-Yosh EMS accessories Engine and Performance mods 3
Southside Playa Y'all Chip In & Pay My Bike Note, While I Buy Accessories Random Thoughts 9
METRICRIDERBLUE Question on accessories General Bike Related Topics 17
HotRodRooster Accessories for 08's Gen II Busa Information 17
1texas1 Bike Accessories..... General Bike Related Topics 5
vmaxbaby Best Place To Buy Accessories General Bike Related Topics 10
L Haybusa  2008 Accessories Gen II Busa Information 1
racing 2008 Accessories - Yeah Right!!!!! Gen II Busa Information 4
gaeducator Suzuki Accessories 26% off Gen II Busa Information 9
ArmyBusa08 Accessories & Stuff Gen II Busa Information 4
K 2008 SUZUKI ACCESSORIES CATALOG Gen II Busa Information 11
Y accessories Gen II Busa Information 3
scooterlord THANK YOU STREET & TRACK IMPORT ACCESSORIES!! General Bike Related Topics 15
audial Horrible quality of accessories Electrical Mods 26
Southside Playa Good bike shops for buas accessories in la General Bike Related Topics 7
justintime2 Best place online for Dodge parts/accessories? Random Thoughts 2
Skak ART Exotic Motorcycle Accessories General Bike Related Topics 14
rubbersidedown new accessories (mo bling,on my thing) General Bike Related Topics 15
M After Market Accessories General Bike Related Topics 5
W Websites for Accessories General Bike Related Topics 1
Let 'er eat! Genuine Suzuki Accessories Random Thoughts 4
Copperone Discount Tire and Accessories General Bike Related Topics 17
jimg Electrical accessories Busa Mods 3