Clarification on Different Color Schemes (YHF, CZY, YAY, etc.)

EastBound

Registered
What's up guys -

My buddy sat on my Hayabusa and dropped it on it's right side so now I need to replace the side cowling, under cowling, as well as the front cowling as well. I have looked at a few websites for oem parts and see the parts I need, however I am unsure of the color scheme of it as it just shows the diagrams without the colors. I own a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa in phantom grey metallic. Is this color scheme CZY or YHF?

On PartsDepotStore.com, this is what it is listed for the side cowling. It says that it is CZY but then it says YHF in the part number:

94450-15H01-YHF ! COWLING,SIDE,R | FOR CZY

It is a bit confusing and I am trying to avoid ordering the wrong parts. I am also looking on Suzuki Parts House: Buy OEM Suzuki Parts & Accessories. Any information or part numbers to guide me with the right parts would really help. Thanks in advance.

photo 4 (1).jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo 1.jpg

I'm not sure, but there is a Dupont chart with all the paint codes here somewhere(good luck finding it, as the search function here SUCKS).
The good thing is that there was only white, blue, and grey for 08. Every year's black, white, and colors from previous years are all slightly different colors, and a different paint code.
There is only one grey for 08, but it would probably be best to call or email to make sure they send the right one.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Great, thanks for reply. I will try and find the color schemes on the site. I agree, it hasn't been easy trying to find information on the site so far today.

I'm not sure, but there is a Dupont chart with all the paint codes here somewhere(good luck finding it, as the search function here SUCKS).
The good thing is that there was only white, blue, and grey for 08. Every year's black, white, and colors from previous years are all slightly different colors, and a different paint code.
There is only one grey for 08, but it would probably be best to call or email to make sure they send the right one.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

I had to order a replacement fairing for one of my bikes a few years ago - I just called them, I think it was bikebandit - anyway, they checked the codes out for me, took maybe 5 minutes to get the right answer. Then they promptly sent me the wrong color replacement...

:rofl: Thanks for reply

I had to order a replacement fairing for one of my bikes a few years ago - I just called them, I think it was bikebandit - anyway, they checked the codes out for me, took maybe 5 minutes to get the right answer. Then they promptly sent me the wrong color replacement...

Back