CL Suzuki Hayabusa 2005 with 298 miles only - $7999 (Silver Spring,Md)

seems weird to me... am I the only one who thinks so? all that money poured into that bike but no ride time??

all those accessories would suggest someone was at least interested and somewhat knowlegable. but it was basically never ridden. hmmm, this is as fishy as madonna's underwear.

Looks like he liked to see it in his garage and put mods on it, but did not care to ride it. Looks very clean, buyer beware.

I had an uncle with a bad@ss boat. Tinkered with it all the time. Lots of accessories. Never took it out. Spent 90% of its life in covered storage. Great boat, nothing wrong with it. I think this was, quite literally, his dream boat.

Just looked at the pics for this busa again. Didn't catch the chrome wheels, polished swingarm, polished engine cases, custom stator cover. Some serious money poured into this two-wheeled dream.

??? Dude's explanation for the lack of miles is a job abroad. Seems to good to be true to me. No phone number, only email reply. Something's fishy to me...

I purchase my 08 new in July 09. I have only been able to squeeze around 3500 mile since the purchase, do to overseas time. I think if someone is local it may be worth a visit.

??? Dude's explanation for the lack of miles is a job abroad. Seems to good to be true to me. No phone number, only email reply. Something's fishy to me...

I thought so too, but if you look closely you can see that everything lines up right and seems to be in new condition. Also, there is no way I would post my phone number on Craigs List. When I list something, I only put email contact as well.

Without seeing it in person, I think this is one of those deals you never see.

Also, there is no way I would post my phone number on Craigs List. When I list something, I only put email contact as well.

I've always given my cell phone number and I've sold tons of stuff on CL. Must be an Iowa thing... ???:laugh:

Either the mileage rolled over or that is his trip meter :poke:
:rofl:

Seriously though, I bought my '09 in 1/2010 and it has 600+ miles on it, though I spent 6 months in the EMT academy right after buying it (2/2010) and I am currently in med school.... doesn't leave me a whole lotta time to ride. :(

Last edited:
Maybe he put on the stuff on it. Rode it a few times. Then he decided to open her open and scared the crap out of him.

Looks legit to me. Nice, older Japanese or Japanese/American guy who loved his bike, never had time to ride it. Price is about right cause the resale value on Busa's really blows. Worse thing would be if sitting all that time gummed anything up. Nice scoot...

I guess none of you have been to the DC area. There are TONS of people with thousands in their bike and no miles on them. People buy, do a couple mods but the riding bug never bites. That or they just like the occasional ride and the miles don't add up since they stay in town. When cash is needed, they sell.

I'd buy it no problem except for the price.

Back