Cigars..Am I cursed or Blessed?

erikm12

Registered
I have tried a lot, costing from less then a buck a piece to some that were close to $10 a piece. Cohiba, Montecristo, Rocky Patel, Macanudo,Indian, Gurkha, Romeo y Julieta, you get the point.
I am just as happy with the 'yard gar' as the more expensive ones. Am I lucky that I am that way or cursed that I can't enjoy the premium ones?
I did just get a box of Ave Maria's. Gotta say the band is just beautiful......

Just my opinion, But I can't think of a worse habit to have.... maybe smoking crack or doing heroin. No cigar smoking is worse because the smell is so intrusive to the people around you. Makes my stomach turn :puke:

My Granddad had a country store in Doe Hill Va. he smoked white owls...thats where I get the liking for them. Reminds me of him and his old store.
I only smoke them at the house or with friends. Go out on the deck and enjoy a nice evening type of thing.
Do a lot of fishing do ya? lol! Great for keeping the bugs off of you.
Definitly not for everyone. :thumbsup:

Funny thing about opinions and habits, is that when used excessively they both become an issue, yet given in moderation they can be enjoyed.

I'm with you Erik, I do not taste the difference in expensive smokes either... but something about a glass of whiskey, a cigar, and hearing the old timers tell stories just makes a day. :beerchug:

Just my opinion, But I can't think of a worse habit to have.... maybe smoking crack or doing heroin. No cigar smoking is worse because the smell is so intrusive to the people around you. Makes my stomach turn :puke:

Cigars are not inhaled, therefore the body absorbs far less carcinogens. And while the mouth does get a rather full dosage, the infrequency in which most people smoke would make it comparable to what someone might inhale with the windows down on an interstate commute.

As for them being intrusive, I suppose that's relative to the smoker. I don't smoke around people that aren't receptive to it. To say that a cigar is intrusive is to ignore almost every other aggravating habit that man has conceived over the years including booming stereos, loud exhaust, barking dogs, beeping horns, breaking wind, etc. Humans can be quite annoying, cigars have nothing to do with it.

Now, back to the thread topic. Please understand that with cost does not always come with an enjoyable taste. The great thing about a fine cigar is the quality. A fine cigar can last many times longer than a cheap machine rolled. There is an art form to cigar rolling and cheap cigars can never duplicate.

I suggest a H Upmann Sun Grown #2 if you want a truly enjoyable mild cigar with a mellow wrapper that will last you for a good 30-45 minutes.

i like the cold infusion and the kuba kuba maduro from drew estate, marketed under the "acid" line of cigars. infused tobaccos are awesome. they're starting to make their own hookah tobacco as well

As for them being intrusive, I suppose that's relative to the smoker. I don't smoke around people that aren't receptive to it. To say that a cigar is intrusive is to ignore almost every other aggravating habit that man has conceived over the years including booming stereos, loud exhaust, barking dogs, beeping horns, breaking wind, etc. Humans can be quite annoying, cigars have nothing to do with it .

Actually girls will love you when you blow in their face.. :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have to look for the H Uppman that you mentioned and try one and I have never had anything from Drew estate...have looked at the Acid ones plenty of times along with Nubs......

the cold infusion is nice and light. won't impact what you're eating or drinking. just keep your beer or wine or whiskey on the lighter side, otherwise it'll overpower the flavor of the stogie

Not knocking on anywho who enjoys a habit..just gotta tell ya...there are few things more damaging to your overall health than smoking. If you could see what the inside of a lung looks like of lung cancer,emphysema, copd, and asthma patients who are smokers...well...it just is so messed up. The tars do so much damage. Destroys the ability of the respiratory tract to get rid of foreign crap. Basically the cilia that line the tract become sticky with the tars and cease to function. The tars are embedded with very nasty chemicals that just sit on tissue and begin their deadly work.
Fellas...human bodies are alot more fickle than you can possibly understand. They really are delicate even if you are a 250 lb linebacker...Do as you want...but is that pleasure really worth the possible health issues down the road????

True..

I only smoke cigar on occations, so I guess my car leaking exahust is doing me more damage! Thank you anyways! :beerchug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not knocking on anywho who enjoys a habit..just gotta tell ya...there are few things more damaging to your overall health than smoking. If you could see what the inside of a lung looks like of lung cancer,emphysema, copd, and asthma patients who are smokers...well...it just is so messed up. The tars do so much damage. Destroys the ability of the respiratory tract to get rid of foreign crap. Basically the cilia that line the tract become sticky with the tars and cease to function. The tars are embedded with very nasty chemicals that just sit on tissue and begin their deadly work.
Fellas...human bodies are alot more fickle than you can possibly understand. They really are delicate even if you are a 250 lb linebacker...Do as you want...but is that pleasure really worth the possible health issues down the road????

As I said before, normal cigar smokers do not inhale nor do they smoke cigars nearly as frequently as cigarette smokers. I think you're incorrectly lumping cigar connoisseurs in with cigarette smokers. Cigar smoke doesn't even reach the lungs if you're doing it correctly.

Last edited:
Cigars are also killing the ozone!!
run.gif
LoL

Last edited:
Smokem if you gotem. I work at a cigar shop part time. If you need anything, let me know. We have probably the largest selection in Montgomery County, MD. We carry cigars from a couple bucks a stick to $60 a stick.

Last edited:
Smokem if you gotem. I work at a cigar shop part time. If you need anything, let me know. We have probably the largest selection in Montgomery County, MD

How much for a box of H Upmann Sun Grown? They're relatively new, but they have quickly become my favorite. I prefer #2 if you can quote me. I have to mail order them anyway, since nobody here carries them.

How much for a box of H Upmann Sun Grown? They're relatively new, but they have quickly become my favorite. I prefer #2 if you can quote me. I have to mail order them anyway, since nobody here carries them.

Ill be in Sunday night for football. Let me check and see if we have them

I only like the Drew Estate Coffee infused Tabak Especial. It is the only cigar I like out of about 50 premium cigars I have tried. Even with this premium fantastic stick you have to smoke it right or you will ruin it. Light puffs are needed to keep the heat down in the cigar. If you take deep draws and heat it up hot, it will turn nasty like every other cigar. But leave it on the cool side by not puffing hard with long draws and you are rewarded with an amazing sophisticated taste that is nothing short of Especial. Beats the Java and the Isle Del Sol cigars hands down. Also comes in a barber pole wrapper with two different wrappers if you want it. I like the plain Dulce.

If there can only be one, Tabak Especial is it!!

Back