Chromed Busa

warbrown

Bald and Busafied
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I took this photo at Bike Week last year.  Being new here, does this belong to anyone on the board?  Beautiful work.</span>

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

I have that pic and another one without people sitting on it.

2 much chrome for me!
tounge.gif

Interestingly enough, I took this photo and mailed it to my brother (an R1 rider).  He posted it to a newsgroup, and it eventually found its way into a British Biker magazine.  I agree that the chrome is a bit much, but I wasn't about to tell that to the rider.

I can just imagine how much weight that chrome adds. From what I've heard, you have to first copper plate everything then chrome plate it. If you are looking for performance, chrome is not the way to go on your fairing.....
sad.gif

You do have to copper plate, the chrome will not stick to the plastic and it is heavy. Not to mention that is tsiffens the panels and makes them a biotch to put on.

I can just imagine how much weight that chrome adds.  From what I've heard, you have to first copper plate everything then chrome plate it.  If you are looking for performance, chrome is not the way to go on your fairing.....
sad.gif
No the new stuff is no heavier then a custom paint job, both in Chrome and color chrome. I was really surprised on the weight and the pricing.

post-6-59859-dsc00062.jpg

yeah they have a new precess to chrome plate plastic, it's not really chrome, but its really lite,

Back