Chrome OEM wheels

Htown Busa

Registered
Just wanted peoples opinion on chroming the stock wheels versus getting a set of Performance Machine or RCs. I really like the Domino from Performance Machine but I am also enticed by the lower price of just chroming the stock wheels.

OEM chrome wheels are nice but there's something much nicer with a set of PM wheels.

Not too many things can change the sporting character of a bike faster than a set of lightweight performance wheels. It's a lot of money but has great visual and performance gains. It will excelerate, stop, and handle better while adding looks chrome OEM's can't match. If you can swing it, I can almost guarantee you'll never regret your decision.

I was tempted to go with the chrome also. Wheels are expensive.(@ least on my budget) but I think it will be worth the wait for some nice wheels. If ur looking for a quicker cheaper fix for stock black perhaps painting them will hold u over till PM can be done.

OEM chrome wheels are nice but there's something much nicer with a set of PM wheels.
I know. Something mystical.
ThumbsUp.gif

What about some Dymags, or Marchesini wheels ?? Best of both worlds, look GREAT, and are light as h311 !!!!

Not too many things can change the sporting character of a bike faster than a set of lightweight performance wheels. It's a lot of money but has great visual and performance gains. It will excelerate, stop, and handle better while adding looks chrome OEM's can't match. If you can swing it, I can almost guarantee you'll never regret your decision.
Too bad RC and PM's are both HEAVIER than stock.
werd.gif

Yeah, I would have a tough time parting with my money for an a/m wheel that wasn't lighter than stock. Although it is possible that two wheels with similar weights can have significantly different mass distribution and one could be easier to accelerate or slow. The handling benefit would be lost.

My '08 came with OEM chrome wheels the previous owner (for 800 miles and 2 months before he sold it) put on it.  I think they look sharp compared to the gold wheels (blue Busa).  They are dirty (since I've rode to work every day this week or I'd give you a pic.

skydivr

Chrome OEM wheels are not cool.... Whoever thinks they look good is lying to themselves.. anyone in they're right mind know that PM or RC or even any aftermarket wheel will look better than stock anytime of day....

Now if you dont have to the money for aftermarket... than thats a different story.. you can save and than get them eventually.. but aftermarket wheels are better

Chrome OEM wheels are not cool.... Whoever thinks they look good is lying to themselves.. anyone in they're right mind know that PM or RC or even any aftermarket wheel will look better than stock anytime of day....

Now if you dont have to the money for aftermarket... than thats a different story.. you can save and than get them eventually.. but aftermarket wheels are better
No doubt AM wheels are sharper, but mine were basically FREE
smile.gif

I just didn't like the Gold rims at all - but hey, to each his/her own!

I don't like my gold rims either. I love the blue bike but not the gold wheels. Thinking of getting the PM Domino wheels. They look awesome.

Domino_Design.jpg

After-market wheels Do look better!! But they also cost a LOT more.. Why ? because people are willing to pay it..Even a diamond is only worth what someone is willing to give for it.. It cant cost much more to make a wheel for a bike than it does a car. Bikes are considered Toyz and toyz cost...

I got PM Roulettes, Ya There more expensive, but they do standout. As far as weight, I think chrome on an oem rim is heavier than a billet rim, if not the same. Soooo step out and be unique, chuck that stock crap, and be an individual...

Back