Chrome iridium double bubble screen.....

Topjolly

Registered
I have seen somewhere a silver bike with what seemed to be a silver or chrome iridium d/bubble screen, has anyone an idea of who supplies them??

Andy

Hi Andy. I don't remember seeing a silver busa here with an iridium windscreen. I have posted photos of my silver/grey '03 with a "black chrome" Sportech screen. You sure mine ain't the bike you saw? See below...

Hey BulletTrain

Is that screen opaque or translucent? Where did you get it? And does it come in a double-bubble version?

Great looking screen Bullet Train.  ;)

Top jolly> I would NOT get an "iridium" screen. I've only ever had one iridium visor and I would never get another one, just not durable enough> the coating wears off very quickly and then it looks poop.

FLCN,

It's opaque. The black chrome coating is on the backside and you can't see anything at all through it. Wouldn't be good for those who tuck all the way down at speed. I got the dealership to throw it in when I bought my busa. I checked out the Sportech site once and don't remember a double bubble version.

Buffo,

Thanks... :)

Thanks guys, exactly what I wanted.  Bullet that black chrome screen looks fantastic.
Next question, any ideas where to get the clear front indicator lenses?

Andy

I got my Iridium screen from Superbikestore also. I'm getting a lot of wind on my helmet and shoulders since putting on this shield, but it's advertised to put the airflow over your head. I will switch back to the stock shield to see if its my imagination are not.

Thanks guys, exactly what I wanted.  Bullet that black chrome screen looks fantastic.
Next question, any ideas where to get the clear front indicator lenses?

Andy
Thanks. Try for clear signals. I haven't checked them out but I think I've seen that link posted before here.

Sane Man, It's not your imagination> you will get a bit more wind blast on your head and shoulders with a double bubble when in an upright position, but you will get less on your body overall and far less when tucked down (which is what it's designed for).

By all means try the stock one again for experimental purposes, but I'm sure you won't keep it there long after having the double bubble.

How long have you had that screen on the bike? i would be very curious to know what you think of it's durability after few thousand miles of use.

I just got that screen last week. It is coated on the inside so if you scratch that it will show on the outside. I'll just leave the inside dirty. :)

Hey Topjolly, there is a dealer in UK with that iridium double bobble. I bought one there (still waiting for it to arrive here to Portugal)...
I don't have the site address here but i will look for it and post it here if you want.

Back