chrome grips to slick?

birdaprey

Registered
ok so I installed some chrome grips and now they are to slick to hold on to while hitting the gas hard.... :whistle:

my question is I really want to keep them, because they look great on the bike ; but I ALSO WANT TO STAY ON THE BIKE MYSELF!

so, what's every one do when you want to go fast with these kind of grips?

I saw some slip on grip covers from grab-on and grip puppies, but I don't know if they would slip on and off easy for when I want to show the chrome grips off.:banghead:

let me know some secrets guys???

I also have the chrome slick grips (encraved hayabusa)....about a year ago a buddy at work (Harley Rider) gave me a nice set of soft leather gloves that worked GREAT:bowdown:..i even went to the harley store :whistle:and bought a second set. they are the short, black, all leather ones with a velcro fastener for the back of the wrist, but they do have "Harley embroided on them" I've looked at other gloves, but none provide that "grip" like those harley ones..:laugh:

mine are chrome, only if i wear no gloves and sweat, it might get slick, but not really

I bought a pair of gloves that have a leather palm. They are the best gloves I have ever owned. Needs to be genuine leather.

No shiny for me..

GR213A.jpg

thanks for the responses guys... I do were gloves... alpine star smx air/mesh with leather palms.. but they are still slick?:poke:

well ,I solved my troubles... got some grab-on foam atv grips and removed the plastic part of the grip and foam part slides right over the chrome grips... ( when I park I just remove the foam for the bling factor) best of both worlds :cheerleader:

Resurrecting an old thread instead of starting a new one..... I don't have chrome grips, but I have a set of "Hayabusa" engraved black billet grips. I installed them during the winter and only rode with them very short distances around town. I went on a 80 mile short trip over the last weekend and realized 10 miles into the ride that my throttle hand could not keep a constant hold on the grip. I thought, "maybe my hand is weak from not riding?" Nope, I'm single. :whistle:

I thought about getting another set of grips, but I spent a bit on these. Thinking about how I could remedy the slippage, I believe I've come up with a solution. I first thought about a rubber band on the end and on the inner part, but it'd look stupid. A black rubber band maybe? Hmm.... I went to D_ick's Sporting Goods at lunch and bought two golf club grips for a total of $4.xx. I'm going to cut two small rings out, lube 'em up, and force 'em onto the grip. I'm going to heat the rings up a bit too, just to get them to be more pliable. After they cool down, here's to hoping they'll stay and not look tremendously out of place. :beerchug:

I'll post some pics of before, during, and after (even if it turns out to be a terrible idea). Maybe when it warms up (AGAIN), I'll post up a ride update.

Back