Christmas for a family in VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
First, I have to say there's absolutely NO pressure to toss in money if you don't want to...Susan (dreamin_of_ridin) just called me and we discussed making Christmas special for a 5 year old boy in her area that's fallen on hard times...

Susan's going to chime in with her paypal acct info and the plan is to collect funds then give Elijah's Mom a Toys-R-Us gift card.  Others involved in Elijah's story are working on making sure he and his Mom have Christmas dinner as well, and Susan's made certain that Elijah's school lunches are taken care of for the remainder of this school year
smile.gif
 If that doesn't make you smile, I'm calling you Grinch
tounge.gif

Susan, you're a good woman...I'm in for $50 to start.  ANY donation is appreciated, just $5 will help make a difference for this little boy on Christmas day...

Thanks to Susan for getting this going and thanks to those members reading.  I appreciate you sharing this story because it was my reminder this year that Christmas isn't just about me or my family.

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas.
biggrin.gif
Thank you Michelle for helping with this. I asked for Michelle's advice and help because I know not many of you know me.

Anyway.... Like Michelle stated, there is absolutely NO pressure to donate, thoughts and prayers are just as valuable as any donation.

I will cover any and all Paypal fees for those who do donate and I think I just set up my Paypal to accept credit card payments. My Paypal e-mail is:

Susluvscaps@yahoo.com

Thank you for the thoughts, prayers and any donations for Elijah.

Merry Christmas!!!
laugh.gif
beerchug.gif

ok I just sent a little but it's coming through from MCM. It's not much but I hope it helps. Merry Christmas
beerchug.gif

Just sent a donation on behalf of Monster - never to early to get this started....

(monster @ Dec. 05 2006,08:25) ok I just sent a little but it's coming through from MCM.  It's not much but I hope it helps.  Merry Christmas  
beerchug.gif
Thank you SO much. Anything helps.

Great idea Va & Dreamin
super.gif

Maybe the H.Org could adopt this kid like angel tree. Just a thought
rock.gif

(heavybusa @ Dec. 05 2006,12:17) Great idea Va & Dreamin  
super.gif

Maybe the H.Org could adopt this kid like angel tree. Just a thought
rock.gif
Kind of what we're trying to achieve I think, but without pushing everyone to donate if they can't or don't want to...

I know it's a tough time of the year, but this little guy's story just breaks my heart. It really tugged on Susan's heart strings too
sad.gif
Nothing feels better than to know we can help him out...

We do the Angel Tree thing here each year and my entire office chips in for one child, buying much needed items and the cool stuff kids love...it feels great to help out when you can!

Michelle...Carrie and I are going to give a little on the 15th.

Miss Ya too... sorry we haven't been around much!

PJ

(UUBusa @ Dec. 05 2006,14:41) Michelle...Carrie and I are going to give a little on the 15th.

Miss Ya too...  sorry we haven't been around much!

PJ
Hey Paul!!! I was on your site a week or so ago, looking for new pics of you guys since you seemed to disappear
sad.gif

Everything okay? How's Carrie? Glad you stopped by and thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Hi Michelle!! Hi everyone!!! Miss you TONS!!!
What can I do for Mom? Or is there something in the works?
Two ideas...gift card to the local grocery store (always helpful)

email me with your address. I'll donate some yummy Mary Kay stuff. Satin hands...and some other goodies

(BaybeBusa04 @ Dec. 05 2006,12:20) Hi Michelle!! Hi everyone!!! Miss you TONS!!!
What can I do for Mom?  Or is there something in the works?

email me with your address.  I'll donate some yummy Mary Kay stuff.  Satin hands...and some other goodies
That is an awsome idea!!! I hadn't even thought about her.

(BaybeBusa04 @ Dec. 05 2006,15:20) Hi Michelle!! Hi everyone!!! Miss you TONS!!!
What can I do for Mom?  Or is there something in the works?

email me with your address.  I'll donate some yummy Mary Kay stuff.  Satin hands...and some other goodies
Hey Carrie!!!! LONG TIME, NO GOSSIP
tounge.gif
I miss you too...can I still email you at work? I haven't talked to you in ages
sad.gif

I know that Mom's very involved with her son and that so far, Christmas will be taken care of for Elijah and dinner for them both...no word yet on Mom, but I'd say if there's a way to give something to her, Susan would be the one to ask...I'll get with her and see if we can coordinate something. Right now, everything she's done/discussed is anonymous to Elijah and his Mom...let me get back with you on that...
smile.gif

Soooo good to see you! How's Abbi?

A gift card to a grocery store is already in the works. If you'd like to send something for his mommy though, that would be great.

Hey it smells like there will be cookies for Christmas? Is that... Tollhouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back