Christmas camp trip #11 for the year

c10

Registered
Tianne , pups ,and I rolled out Friday . Set up in spot 41 @ Magnolia ridge on the lake .
We have the area to ourselves as of yesterday lunch time . Today was a casual hike through the trail . The camp host Joe hooked me up with some left over fire wood this morning.
Took a bit of paracord to attach Christmas lights to the picnic shelter.
Found a beautiful seed pod in the woods .
Last night Tianne made a wonderful meatloaf in our one pot wonder . Both the mash potatos ,and loaf cooked @ same time . Followed by Apple pie with walnuts on top.
Cold ,and rain yesterday, but today cool n sunny. Wife kicked my butt in Uno cards last night . Today is teach her dominos to add to the list of things while camping. Dogs are in heaven as usual.

20191222_133958.jpg

20191222_134045.jpg

20191221_135940.jpg

20191222_134035.jpg

20191221_192659.jpg

20191221_202957.jpg

image(10).jpg

20191221_202718.jpg

20191221_122811.jpg

20191222_125447.jpg

20191221_122805.jpg

20191221_122819.jpg

20191222_125529.jpg

20191221_122814.jpg

Great pics Bryan, looks like a fantastic way to get away from the big city Christmas madness, consumerism on steroids!
You guys sure know how to have a great lifestyle, the dogs look great too.
Thanks for sharing mate.

Aussie mateship: Tracing the history of a defining cultural term

The word 'mate' is used to describe friends, colleagues, even the other bloke in an argument. But where has the national character trait come from? The term mate originally stems from the German word "gemate" which means to share a meal at the same table.

Mateship in the modern day:

Today, mateship remains strong in Australian culture.
Former prime minister John Howard even wanted to introduce the term into his preamble to the Constitution in the 1990s.
In 2013, Westpac released a survey of 1,000 respondents who were asked to to define what makes a typical Australian.

Curious how you will explain your way out of this one my (young) friend....:banana:

Sorry for hijacking bryan.
AWESOME cute pics as usual!!! :beerchug:

Chili for dinner the evening. Exercise the pups this evening. Griffin can jump so high!
Always loved the saying ( Good day Mate )
I'm jealous of my sons who have visited many countries also my beautiful wife who lived in Germany ( Mannheim) while in the Army. Maybe someday I'll visit another country.
Our Christmas tree is about 70 to 80 feet tall lol .

image(12).jpg

image(11).jpg

20191222_174506.jpg

image(13).jpg

20191222_184327.jpg

20191222_174532.jpg

The word 'mate' is used to describe friends, colleagues, even the other bloke in an argument. But where has the national character trait come from? The term mate originally stems from the German word "gemate" which means to share a meal at the same table.

Former prime minister John Howard even wanted to introduce the term into his preamble to the Constitution in the 1990s.
In 2013, Westpac released a survey of 1,000 respondents who were asked to to define what makes a typical Australian.

Curious how you will explain your way out of this one my (young) friend....:banana:

Ha ha Sandows calling you an Aussie :laugh:

L

lol, you need a lesson in Kiwiana. . .
Kiwis use the term ‘mate’ as much if not more than Aussies.

L

lol, you need a lesson in Kiwiana. . .
Kiwis use the term ‘mate’ as much if not more than Aussies.

Ah hum .....

Bro

Like the equivalent Australian term of “mate”, “bro” can be applied to all manner of people, with the difference in meaning only distinguishable by tone. There's “good to see you bro”, which should be taken as a friendly greeting. Then there's, “What are you lookin' at bro?”, which should be taken as advice to not look at whatever it is you're looking at.

:poke:

Ah hum .....

Bro

Like the equivalent Australian term of “mate”, “bro” can be applied to all manner of people, with the difference in meaning only distinguishable by tone. There's “good to see you bro”, which should be taken as a friendly greeting. Then there's, “What are you lookin' at bro?”, which should be taken as advice to not look at whatever it is you're looking at.

:poke:
Kiwis even dumber than Aussies?

Basic maths, geography, history?
Hell, no! We just shear and shag!!

“A representative survey of 1000 voting-age New Zealanders, unveiled some concerning knowledge gaps in areas like basic maths, geography, and New Zealand and world history,” a report said.

The phone survey, conducted by Curia Market Research, targeted a representative sample of 1000 people aged 18 or older.
The New Zealand Initiative survey “Ignorance is not bliss: Why knowledge matters (and why we may not have enough of it),” testing Kiwis’ general knowledge, contacted the representative sample on a landline or mobile phone in May and June.
The survey revealed serious gaps in Kiwis’ general knowledge:
  • About half the respondents had no idea how long it took for the Earth to orbit the sun.
  • A third of people thought antibiotics killed viruses as well as bacteria.
  • One in three people thought dinosaurs and humans co-existed. [Never underestimate the power of fundamentalism!!]
  • About 10 per cent thought former British prime minister and war criminal Winston Churchill, who has been elevated to deity status, was a fictional character. [We wonder what percentage of the people would think he was a war hero!?]
  • One in five people did not know the capital of Australia. [That’s about the same number as the percentage of Aussies who have no idea about the capital.]
More than half the NZ population “cannot calculate a simple percentage increase, and only just over a third understand compound interest,” author Briar Lipson remarked.

aaaaaaaand Iam outta here.......!:super::popcorn:

Back