Chopper "Hayabusa Keys"

Lucky34

Registered
I just got a cool looking 'busa key from http://www.chopperkeys.com/ and don't know of a good place to get it cut to fit my bike... I tried Home Depot and Lowes, but their cutting machines only fit "special" models... I also went to Walgreens and CVS because I had heard that they too could cut keys... they can't. Am I going to have to find a locksmith for this? or are there any other stores I'm not thinking about?

Had mine cut at the local locksmith shop..... The everyday stores were just that (Everyday type keys only)

Someone said Walmart cut theirs just fine although I wasn't trusting enough to take mine their. Just go to your local locksmith and it can be done piece of cake. Ken does great work on those keys.
cool.gif

BMan-
I had my key done at the local locksmith as well - should cost about three dollars (if that much) they just have to be careful not to mess up the key head.

Errrrr.
Shawn

Yeah, on the key thread here I think it was ninjaeater who said he got a couple keys cut at wallmart.

Personally, I got mine cut at a locksmith cause it was closer than wallmart.

You can even have them cut after you have the Art complete on the blank.  Even Walmart can cut the key with success as long as you have the blanks.  If you do not have any reliable palces near you, just have Ken cut it for you, he is a certified Locksmith.  Send Ken an Original and let him take it from there or get some blanks from him, have the ct and then let im do te artwork....

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101916812 -->

I took mine to one locksmith, but they said they needed a vertical cutting machine to do it, which they didn't have. It's the new school type of manual cutting machines.

I went to another locksmith who was from the old school, and he cut it no problem on the old type machine the first locksmith had.
laugh.gif

It was a big hassle of riding around to get it cut, so if I get another chopper key made, I will send them my spare and have them do it since the "old school" dude wouldn't guarantee that he wouldn't screw it up.

I took mine to one locksmith, but they said they needed a vertical cutting machine to do it, which they didn't have.  It's the new school type of manual cutting machines.

I went to another locksmith who was from the old school, and he cut it no problem on the old type machine the first locksmith had.
laugh.gif

It was a big hassle of riding around to get it cut, so if I get another chopper key made, I will send them my spare and have them do it since the "old school" dude wouldn't guarantee that he wouldn't screw it up.
They work in the new double key machines also. master in new key done. The heads are not a problem because the doors still shut. Just don't try a Dragon like mine it needs to be cut and then molded.

Back