Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Looking between these three gloves:
-Teknic Lightning gloves...$79.99
-Joe Rocket GPX 2.0...$89.99
-Alpinestars SP-1...$89.99

$89.99 is my limit and I need/want the gauntlet style gloves.

Teknic Lightning Gloves:

Teknic_Lightning_Glove.jpg

I got the SP2 and love em'. The SP1 are almost the same. Alpinestars put out an excellent quality product. Can't go wrong there.

i have the -Teknic . high quality.
dont order on line untill you have tryed them on. difrent makers difrent feel
beerchug.gif

I am currently using Joe Rocket GPX 2.0, very comfortable, once broken it they feel great. Maybe the next pair will be by Held, I think that's the manufacturer.

(ranman @ Jan. 03 2007,16:56) i have the -Teknic . high quality.
dont order on line untill you have tryed them on. difrent makers difrent feel
beerchug.gif
+1.....my SP2s are a large......I would have never ordered a large online unless I tried them on first.

I am using the GPX's - great gloves. If I had my wish, I would buy another pair of my AStars GP Techs.

I'd get the Teknic's but frankly, you probably can't go wrong with any of those.

--Wag--

Had two pairs of joe rocket gloves that the palm leather tore/ripped from normal use. My question is if they cant take the wear of normal use what good are they if I hit the pavement? Check new enough leathers before you buy they have good prices and great customer service

(hooken203 @ Jan. 03 2007,18:36) Had two pairs of joe rocket gloves that the palm leather tore/ripped from normal use. My question is if they cant take the wear of normal use what good are they if I hit the pavement? Check new enough leathers before you buy they have good prices and great customer service
You had the exact same model (GPX 2.0) or some other cheaper model of Joe Rocket gloves? I already had a pair of Alpinestars SMX-2 (~$60.00) that were worn out after only a few months of riding.

All manufactureres make some cheapy pairs.

(GPW @ Jan. 03 2007,18:47) I can also do these.....

335.jpg
Believe me, Greg, if it came down to it I would by from you over any superstore anything. The fact is I have credit I need to use up for an exchange w/ a particular vendor stemming from a X-mas gift and gloves are the one gear item that gets worn out fairly quick in comparison to helmets, jackets, boots, etc.

They carry a sheeyat'load of Olympia gloves but not the model/style you showed. The gloves I presented are the 3 best options I have come up with in my price range. All 3 look pretty solid, just looking for some first person experiences with them before pulling the trigger.

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 03 2007,21:54)
(GPW @ Jan. 03 2007,18:47) I can also do these.....

335.jpg
Believe me, Greg, if it came down to it I would by from you over any superstore anything.  The fact is I have credit I need to use up for an exchange w/ a particular vendor stemming from a X-mas gift and gloves are the one gear item that gets worn out fairly quick in comparison to helmets, jackets, boots, etc.

They carry a sheeyat'load of Olympia gloves but not the model/style you showed.  The gloves I presented are the 3 best options I have come up with in my price range.  All 3 look pretty solid, just looking for some first person experiences with them before pulling the trigger.
Thanks man, gloves are the thing you almost can't get right as a retailer...so many options...some riders..

SP-1's here. They are still in like new condition after almost a full year of commuting and twisties. Good fit and finish, very comfortable, breath very well in the heat but surprisingly warm down to about 40 degrees as well, and amazing positive feedback from finger tips all the way to the base of your hand.

As stated above, try them on for sure. I'm 6' and 190 lbs and I had to get an XL.

(CorrodedAlien @ Jan. 04 2007,08:06) ... you could do what I do... go look in the "last year" bin and find the top of the line glove for 1/3 the price...

firedevil.gif
I hear ya', but their CLOSEOUT bin sucks...not slashed down very much and very few regular sized items/colors items. And the gloves they do have in the bin suck.

Back