Chinese Tools. . .

Kiwi Rider

Registered
I bought these two 8mm ratchet scanners online and they finally arrived today after 5 weeks.
I paid NZ$4.27 each, bought 1 for home and 1 for work, pretty good value coz if I bought them locally (Chinese made anyway) they want $28 each!
The finish is quite nice and the ratchet feels quite fine, 72 teeth, dunno how long they will last but at that price, who cares?
Has anyone here bought tools from a Chinese supplier online and if so, what did you think of them?
It made me laught to see “USA Standard” stamped into them lol

D92619DC-57E8-4768-B8AB-859134C446DD.jpeg

ABC6602A-B0CB-4D00-BD38-41E2CA26262E.jpeg

Last edited:
Not these, but bought a set from Harbor Freight for a good price. Don't get the same amount of use as other members, but so far they have been pretty good.

Not these, but bought a set from Harbor Freight for a good price. Don't get the same amount of use as other members, but so far they have been pretty good.
Same here and Harbor freight guarantees them for life.
For the amateur or occasional mechanic, or even professional specialty tools that don't see much use, harbor freight stuff is great. Friends who are professional mechanics (not parts changers, there is a difference) agree. That lifetime warranty is a winner!

I have several (Chinese) tools from HF too and have little to no complaints. I’ve used the crap out of my $7 dollar heat gun I bought 5 or 6 years ago, my cheap grinder is just as old and most tools in the tool kit I carry on the bikes are Chinese stuff from HF too. I’ve had bad experiences with some of the Amazon vendors though. Bought a bearing puller kit and the first time I used it to pull the pilot bearing on my mustang, the tool broke. Luckily, It still had a good bite on the bearing and I was able to get it out and install the new one.

edit: forgot about my air compressor and static balancer from HF too. Lol

Back