Chinese GPS { don't do it lol }

c10

Registered
OK so I have. New Garmin zumo 396 coming in today. Your paying for software / quality!

Is this you C10? I could swear I recognize your voice from a busa meter unit/gauges video. The one with grey powder growing in the tachometer.

I put a used car Garmin unit that I got for the cost of what new charger with traffic receiver and put it on the concours14. Had the same issue you describe with the vibration making the power lose connection while mounted to the clutch MC clamp. I moved it to a triple tree mount and the problem went away. I did order some handlebar weights and would like to mount it on the clutch MC clamp again, but haven’t tried it. One day I’ll get a real motorcycle gps, but they sure hurt the pocket.

I am trying to figure out why folks still buy GPS units???

My phone has done it all for years now, Google Maps even re-routes for traffic congestion.

I am trying to figure out why folks still buy GPS units???

My phone has done it all for years now, Google Maps even re-routes for traffic congestion.

1st phones are not 100% reliable in rural areas . In fact some places nothing . No GPS or cell . I use my phone only in the big city of Houston , but i'm in a service van not on a bike .

1st phones are not 100% reliable in rural areas . In fact some places nothing . No GPS or cell . I use my phone only in the big city of Houston , but i'm in a service van not on a bike .
Mine works everywhere, you need to just pre-load the Google maps for your rural area before you lose the signal. Have used mine in Africa, where there was no signal for a couple of 100 miles. If you lose the signal for a short while, as long as your phone is not switched off, the maps will be loaded ahead far enough automatically to get you through in almost all cases here in the US. I don't even mount my Iphone, it is in my pocket with an extended battery charge pack and I listen to directions through wireless headset.

https://smartphones.gadgethacks.com/how-to/google-maps-101-download-maps-for-offline-use-0179273/

Mine works everywhere, you need to just pre-load the Google maps for your rural area before you lose the signal. Have used mine in Africa, where there was no signal for a couple of 100 miles. If you lose the signal for a short while, as long as your phone is not switched off, the maps will be loaded ahead far enough automatically to get you through in almost all cases here in the US. I don't even mount my Iphone, it is in my pocket with an extended battery charge pack and I listen to directions through wireless headset.

https://smartphones.gadgethacks.com/how-to/google-maps-101-download-maps-for-offline-use-0179273/
this link literally instantly changed my life.. i thank you sir.

Back