Child harness?

mblake912

Registered
Anyone know where I can find a good harness? My daughter is 10 yrs old and she wants to ride badly. She is big enough but im afraid her getting too excited and her hands go or losing her balance while on the back.

There is a belt called a Buddy Belt. Looks like a 4" or 5" tall nylon weight lifting belt.
It has handles for your passenger on each side.
That coupled with a back rest is probably the safest route, including full gear(at least for her).
There are belts for both driver and passenger that hook together, but personally I would have my concerns with that.
Reason being, in a crash, she is going to tumble with you, as opposed to being thrown clear.
But, either way could result in serious injury, so it's a personal choice.
Good luck.

There is a belt called a Buddy Belt. Looks like a 4" or 5" tall nylon weight lifting belt.
It has handles for your passenger on each side.
That coupled with a back rest is probably the safest route, including full gear(at least for her).
There are belts for both driver and passenger that hook together, but personally I would have my concerns with that.
Reason being, in a crash, she is going to tumble with you, as opposed to being thrown clear.
But, either way could result in serious injury, so it's a personal choice.
Good luck.
I couldn't say it better so I won't.

Well im sorry to say that BuddyBelt is no longer making belts, they stopped back in 2010.
Main Page

They made a great product, but it was just not economical to continue.

Back