Chicken Strip Anyone?

Hayabusawannabe

Registered
OK. My BT56's are about done so when I slap on those Michelen Pilot Road 2's how do I avoid the dreaded Chicken Strip! :laugh:

CIMG0136.jpg

Also do you have to change the front and rear at the same time? I probably will but just wondering...

CIMG0135.jpg

The only way to avoid the strip is to go lean it over. Riding the slab won't do it.

P.S.
What I see is not a chicken strip but closer to a chicken breast.

What I see is not a chicken strip but closer to a chicken breast.
:thumbsup:

You don't have to change the front he same time as the back, granted that the front has good tread, not flat spotted and not weather checked from age. Most will use 2 back tires to 1 front tire, depending on how they ride, what tires they are using.

Seriously, it's similar to "trying to get a knee down"....the more you worry about it, the more you take your mind off the important things. The more you focus on good riding skills (especially the twisties in NorCal), the more what you want to happen will happen, like a wear pattern across your tire surfaces like you want. I suggest you buy Keith Code's book(s) and do a track day that includes a riding coach....it will be another universe for you! You should NOT just go to the mountains to "get rid of your chicken strips". Have fun. Raydog

P1020695.JPG

learn to get over more on her and you will wind up with chicken strips instead of the rotisserie chicken you got going on there

I definitely need to take another class cause I get a little nervy in the turns. I always think "falling is really gonna hurt!" LOLI haven't really looked for any twisty roads yet, just been riding to and from work. Right now the weather is too cold so in a few months I'll go searching for some place to turn and burn.

i definitely need to take another class cause i get a little nervy in the turns. I always think "falling is really gonna hurt!" loli haven't really looked for any twisty roads yet, just been riding to and from work. Right now the weather is too cold so in a few months i'll go searching for some place to turn and burn.

do a trackday!!!!!

trackday... as i understand it this is an invaluable tool. i havent done so yet...

but i am ever so thinking!

Back