CHICKEN RECIPES!!!

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, so here's the deal, i need to change my eating habits again... I was where I needed to be, but slowly slacked off... So, I need to eat Higher protein, lower fat... Chicken fits that quite well. What kind of Low Fat, good tasting, non-fried chicken have yall had? Any recipes for me to try?
rock.gif

You can take boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  Put them in a glass baking dish, slice onions, green bell peppers, add lemon pepper, salt and pepper, cover with foil and bake.  It is very good, high protein and low fat.

Don

PS.  You can replace the chicken with lean cut pork chops as well.

Oh yeah, spray the baking dish with some sort of non-stick spray.

This is from Mrs 05.My family loves this recipie.
BREADED CHICKEN BREASTS

3/4 Cup dry bread crumbs ( I use italian bead crumbs)
1/2 cup greated Parmesan Cheese
4 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley (use 1 1/4 teaspoons if dry parsely)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup of butter (5 1/3 tablespoons)
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice ( I use the Lemon Juice in the bottle)
2 Gralic Cloves if small (or 1 large one)
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts

In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs,parmesan cheese,parsely,salt and pepper. In another bowl combine butter,garlic and lemon juice. Dip chicken in butter ,lemonjuice and garlic mixture,then roll in bread crumb mixture.Roll-up chicken jellyroll style; place seam side down in a greased 11in x 7in x 2 in baking dish (casserole dish). Drizzle with any remaining butter mixture.Bake uncovered at,350 degs for 35 mins or until juices run clear.Serves 6

(USN05LE @ Mar. 20 2007,15:01) You can take boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  Put them in a glass baking dish, slice onions, green bell peppers, add lemon pepper, salt and pepper, cover with foil and bake.  It is very good, high protein and low fat.

Don

USN try my chicken dish it's a hit in my house and my kids are picky and they eat it.This is Mrs 05

(05BusaLe @ Mar. 20 2007,15:23)
(USN05LE @ Mar. 20 2007,15:01) You can take boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  Put them in a glass baking dish, slice onions, green bell peppers, add lemon pepper, salt and pepper, cover with foil and bake.  It is very good, high protein and low fat.

Don

USN try my chicken dish it's a hit in my house and my kids are picky and they eat it.This is Mrs 05

Mmmm... that one got my mouth a waterin...

If you wanna take it a step further in the health department... replace the bread crumbs with some crushed pork rines.. the spicy hot ones work really well~ Less carbs... more flavor~  
wink.gif

There are a million ways to serve chicken; after not eating beef for 10 years I think I learned them all!
laugh.gif

Easy and delicious - cut up chicken breasts in strips and cook in a skillet (works well in a Wok too) with fresh sliced red peppers, fresh sliced onions, bit of teriyaki sauce, toss in some garlic, maybe some hot sauce (I'm a sauce gal, I'll put all sorts of sauces together and it's always great)...serve the chicken in a wrap with lettuce and tomatoes...more sauce...
smile.gif

Also, slow cooking a chicken breast on the grill (rotisserie is best), brush with BBQ sauce every now and again...juicy and not fried...EASY...

(GJoker @ Mar. 20 2007,15:flamethrowing:)
(05BusaLe @ Mar. 20 2007,15:23)

Don

Mmmm... that one got my mouth a waterin...

If you wanna take it a step further in the health department... replace the bread crumbs with some crushed pork rines.. the spicy hot ones work really well~ Less carbs... more flavor~  
wink.gif
Nah don't mess with a good thing!!
super.gif

(VaBusa @ Mar. 20 2007,15:35) There are a million ways to serve chicken; after not eating beef for 10 years I think I learned them all!  
laugh.gif

Easy and delicious - cut up chicken breasts in strips and cook in a skillet (works well in a Wok too) with fresh sliced red peppers, fresh sliced onions, bit of teriyaki sauce, toss in some garlic, maybe some hot sauce (I'm a sauce gal, I'll put all sorts of sauces together and it's always great)...serve the chicken in a wrap with lettuce and tomatoes...more sauce...  
smile.gif

Also, slow cooking a chicken breast on the grill (rotisserie is best), brush with BBQ sauce every now and again...juicy and not fried...EASY...
You can make "SHAKE-N-BAKE chicken too it's pretty good

When you get to the bash, just follow VaBusa around until she parks.  Then you can chew on her tires before they get a chance to cool down!

poke.gif

jump9.gif

My favorite:

Chicken Zalto

1 dozen fertile game chicken eggs
1 cup water
50 pounds of bread crumbs

Place chicken eggs in an incubator big end up
Add enough water to cover bottom
Simmer @ 99.5 degrees for 21 days adding water as needed
Remove from incubator when the shell removes itself
Place in warm oven at about 90 degrees
Add more water and then some of the bread crumbs
Reduce the temperature to 80 degrees after the first week
Reduce to room temperature after the second week
Continue to add bread crumbs and water as needed
Chicken is done in about 4 months

At this point, sell the chicken to the locals for about $20 a pop and go to your local butcher and buy some nice fresh steaks with the money.
wow.gif

(JET-A @ Mar. 20 2007,16:49) When you get to the bash, just follow VaBusa around until she parks. Then you can chew on her tires before they get a chance to cool down!

poke.gif

jump9.gif
If you're really hungry follow Yamahor, because he'll be serving chicken planks, which is what this thread was really about anyway.

laugh.gif

poke.gif

poke.gif

Thanks for the ideas guys and gals!! Keep em coming! I'm gonna be saving these...

(05BusaLe @ Mar. 20 2007,12:22) This is from Mrs 05.My family loves this recipie.
     BREADED CHICKEN BREASTS

3/4 Cup dry bread crumbs ( I use italian bead crumbs)
      1/2 cup greated Parmesan Cheese
     4 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley (use 1 1/4 teaspoons  if dry parsely)
       3/4 teaspoon salt
       1/4 teaspoon pepper
       1/3 cup of butter (5 1/3 tablespoons)
          3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice ( I use the Lemon Juice in the bottle)
          2 Gralic Cloves if small (or 1 large one)
           6 Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts

In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs,parmesan cheese,parsely,salt and pepper. In another bowl combine butter,garlic and lemon juice. Dip chicken in butter ,lemonjuice and garlic mixture,then roll in bread crumb mixture.Roll-up chicken jellyroll style; place seam side down in a greased 11in x 7in x 2 in baking dish (casserole dish). Drizzle with any remaining butter mixture.Bake uncovered at,350 degs for 35 mins or until juices run clear.Serves 6
See! Women ARE usefull on this board!
laugh.gif

(duck's and cover's head)

Ingredients
4 Chicken Breast halves, boneless, skin on
12 Cloves Garlic, peeled
1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
Salt
Freshly ground white pepper
2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 Juice of Large Lemon
1 tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped
Nutrition Info
Serving size: 4 servings

Calories: 202 kcal|Carbohydrates: 6 g|Dietary Fiber: 1 g|Fat: 8 g|Protein: 25 g|Sugars: 0 g

Cooking Directions
In a small saucepan, blanch the garlic cloves in boiling water for 1 minute.
Drain and slice the garlic thinly.
Toss them in a small bowl with the parsley and a little salt and pepper.
Stuff a little of the garlic mixture into the pockets under the skin of the chicken breasts (about 2 teaspoons per chicken).
Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.
Heat a charcoal or gas grill until moderately hot.
Grill the chicken 8 to 10 minutes per side until cooked through.
Do not overcook.
Heat the butter in a saute pan and gently saute the remaining garlic mixture.
Add the lemon juice and chopped parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Yield: 4 servings (Serving size: 4 servings)

(VaBusa @ Mar. 20 2007,12:35) There are a million ways to serve chicken; after not eating beef for 10 years I think I learned them all!  
laugh.gif

smile.gif

I prove my point AGAIN!
laugh.gif

(run's and dive's over a table)

laugh.gif

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 can (14 ½ oz.) DEL MONTE Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
1 can (8 oz.) DEL MONTE Tomato Sauce
½ cup red or white wine (optional)
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced

INSTRUCTIONS

Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Heat nonstick skillet over medium temperature about 1 minute; then spray with vegetable oil cooking spray. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes, turning once.
Push chicken to side; add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine. Stir in mushrooms.
Arrange chicken in sauce and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is done (170°F) and sauce is thickened.

From homemadesimple.com

(LadyHawk @ Mar. 20 2007,16:07) Ingredients
4 Chicken Breast halves, boneless, skin on
12 Cloves Garlic, peeled
1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
Salt
Freshly ground white pepper
2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 Juice of Large Lemon
1 tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped
Nutrition Info
Serving size: 4 servings

Calories: 202 kcal|Carbohydrates: 6 g|Dietary Fiber: 1 g|Fat: 8 g|Protein: 25 g|Sugars: 0 g

Cooking Directions
In a small saucepan, blanch the garlic cloves in boiling water for 1 minute.
Drain and slice the garlic thinly.
Toss them in a small bowl with the parsley and a little salt and pepper.
Stuff a little of the garlic mixture into the pockets under the skin of the chicken breasts (about 2 teaspoons per chicken).
Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.
Heat a charcoal or gas grill until moderately hot.
Grill the chicken 8 to 10 minutes per side until cooked through.
Do not overcook.
Heat the butter in a saute pan and gently saute the remaining garlic mixture.
Add the lemon juice and chopped parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Yield: 4 servings (Serving size: 4 servings)
Hahahaha!
laugh.gif
And AGAIN!
biggrin.gif

(run's into bathroom and lock's door)

Back