Chicken recipe

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
LEMON CHICKEN BREAST

I saw this recipe for a lemon chicken breast that looked really good. I thought I would share it with others who are forced into the kitchen a few times a week.

Ingredients:

1 whole chicken (weight is dependent on how many servings are required)
1 large lemon, cut into halves
sprig of rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
butter or olive oil, whichever you prefer

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Rub butter or oil over the skin of the chicken until it is completely coated

Take a knife and gently separate the skin from the breast meat;

Slide lemon halves under the skin with the peel side up. This way the juice from the lemon will coat the breast. Season skin of chicken to your preference, place sprig of rosemary into the chicken.

Cover and place in oven for 30-45 minutes. Remove cover and continue to roast until juices run clear, basting every 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the bird.

If you've followed these steps correctly, your chicken should look like the one in the picture.

Bon Appetit!

I can't get the pic to post...
Still trying...

sounds good

is this the pic?

JK

real_chicken_sandwhich_small.jpg

No, but if one of the Mods will email me I can reply with the pic...

David

I find this topic offensive on behalf of all races present here. Please change the text of the original post and your Username and do not use words like sprig (sounds too close spik).
Also, ranman I have forwarded this post to PETA due to the suggestive nature of your picture and it's implications to future safety of poultry around the world.

firedevil.gif
lurk.gif

Projekt need a biger spoon to stir the pot. i like your thinkin.

images.jpg

I am highly offended. WHY did it have to be Chicken, YOu think everytime blacks hear about a new recipe, it has to be a new way to cook Chicken. Did you not see that we have perfected the art of frying it?

Why could it not have been quail or duck?

You may as well have said enjoy with collard greens and red Kool-Aid!!

Jus f-ing with you David, I know you aren't the South Texas Grand Wizard!!

Here ya go Devious:

I gather your pic is too big or you're using the wrong format.

laugh.gif
@ South Texas Grand Wizard!

(Southside Playa @ Oct. 15 2006,13:21) I am highly offended. WHY did it have to be Chicken, YOu think everytime blacks hear about a new recipe, it has to be a new way to cook Chicken. Did you not see that we have perfected the art of frying it?

Why could it not have been quail or duck?

You may as well have said enjoy with collard greens and red Kool-Aid!!

Jus f-ing with you David, I know you aren't the South Texas Grand Wizard!!
This American citizen of Mexican descent is offended that a Black man is offended by the words of White David the Grand-Duke of South Texas.
laugh.gif

Why did it have to be denigrated (pertaining to the act of blackening/ see: decaying) to this point? Why does it always have to find it's way to the whole stereotypical meal?
Fried Chicken (domesticated flightless bird), greens, and red Kool-aid.
Yo play-boy you ain't menshin the "kone-bred", okra, n da chilled water melon... (insert lil'jon "YEAH" shout here) with sprankled shuga own it.

Playa just admit that the only way to prepare yardbird is to cook it 'arroz con pollo' style, habichuelas/beans must be present as well to include a heavy seasoning based on cumin and finally a fresh salsa to garnish.

Oh and all ya'll non-ethnic Americans do not try to protestantly argue the superiority of white meat in a pathetic barbeque sauce.
firedevil.gif

From now on all future chicken references must use the term "domesticated-flightless-meal-bird" or "DFMB". This new term ends all of the politically insensitive connotations that may offend the softer members/metrosexuals on this board. Moreover, recipes must be of a poached foundation and must be breast only. Also, due to the obvious lack of teeth many members may have as well and their accompanying thin skin problems, all meat portions must be processed prior to serving through a straw using broth as the main emulsion component.
wink.gif

Insert a waiver of liability to all posts regarding recipes so as to not be sued were the aspiring cook/chef make a mistake and oversalt or overcook the "DFMB".

fug a DFMB! kan a brutha git sum ribs 'n a bowl of grits?

i eat DFMB four-five times a week, so lets get sum new meat on da menu, (insert lil' Jon "OKAY" here)

biggrin.gif

HHHHWWWUT!!!
rock.gif
?
HHHHYEAH!!!!!!
HHHHOKAY!!!!!!
Around here I would have to smuggle in some Pork Ribs special transporter style just to roast them on the grill with seasoned apple wood to smoke...

Hi my name is Marcus, and I have been chicken free for a whole 24 hrs.

I know that the craving will come back, but right now I am trying to be strong.

Thank you for your continued support.

And yes some ribs would go hard in the paint right now, but no where near as hard as Popeye's DFMB, with a pepper, and and a big old glass of Kool Aid, flavor red or purple!!

(Southside Playa @ Oct. 16 2006,22:39) Hi my name is Marcus, and I have been chicken free for a whole 24 hrs.

I know that the craving will come back, but right now I am trying to be strong.

Thank you for your continued support.

And yes some ribs would go hard int he paint right now, but no where near as hard as Popeye, with a pepper, and and a big old glass of Kool Aid, flavor red or purple!!
ices_rofl.gif
Literally!

That's it I am protesting IFTAR (Breaking the day's fast during Ramadzan) tonight by roasting a rack of Baby Back Ribs in the grill. I will have to go to the meatmonger(that is a Butcher and known here as a MESARA [Serbs] or Mesnica[Muslims]) to place a special order. Heck who knows I might go for a whole Lechon (suckling piglet).
You phuggers got me started on the whole rib thing... Hell my cousins in Mexico "ARE" Mulattos maybe that is way I crave them ribs so much.
Anybody have a from scratch recipe for Barbeque sauce, Louisiana or Carolina style?.
PING PING...

Back