Chicago Cycle Center

BusaFever

Post ***** Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Hello all,

I ordered 3 items from Chicago Cycle Center from their website on December 15th. I received the conformation email almost immediately and have heard nothing since. I have emailed them three times in the last month without a response. I even emailed their sales, service, and parts departments trying to find out about my order. They still have not charged my credit card or anything.

Have any of you Chicago folks ever dealt with them? I dont want to order parts from another website, only to have CCC charge me for theirs and then ship them out later. Thanks, Bill

we had a couple of issues here in Lafayette Indiana, there service department stinks! As with there Warranty procedures, I was in same boat your in, I called and talked to Xavier(service department) and tried to explian to him our situation, he said "no Comprenda" so I sat on the waiting game for 20 min when I finally got with Mike, we got it worked out but talk about 35 min of wasted time. There sales are good,but everything else stinks! Highly not recc..

Is this the same place as Champion Cycle in Chicago? I'm sure there is more than one dealership in Chi-town, but I was wondering if this was the same place. I bought my Busa from Champion Cycle of Chicago and I live in Louisiana. Now those people are first rate. Real friendly and eager to help.

Brian

Chicago Cycle Center and Champion are two different shops although they are both on Western Avenue. I wouldn't trust either one of them. I hear Champion is good if you buy form out of state and never directly deal with them. I know of a few people currently suing Chicago Cycle for their BS practices. I live less than 1 hour from both of them and there is not a chance in hell I will buy from either one of them. BTW, Chicago Cycle told my non rider buddy that a Busa is a perfect 1st bike "you just have to take it easy"

I hope your online purchase works out but I wouldn't deal with them in the future.

i got my bike from chicago cycle center, and ordered parts online. no problem on line, my order was already when i got there. i wouldnt recommend financing with them, get a loan with your own bank.

I don't own a busa, but if I get nothing else from my dealings with chicago cycle, I would like to inform as many people as I can to go elsewhere. Heres my story...

My motorcycle is an 07, not even 2 years old yet. The salesmen lie not only about the service package, but also about financing terms. I was told my payments would be $100 a month, and that I could take as long as I wanted to pay it off. I got my first bill and it was $256. They knew I couldn't afford it and lied on my credit application, as well as me, to get the sale, and then I was stuck. Then I had the same problem with service. They made it seem like I could drop it off, kill a few hours, then come back and get it. This summer they had a 1 month waiting list to even make an appointment, then another week to fix it. Nobody ordered the parts I needed, and I specified exactly what was wrong and asked them to order them at the time, to save time once they figured out I was right. Then they said 8000 miles was normal wear on steering bearings (the manual says lube them at 15000 miles) and wouldn't cover it under warranty. I had a rattling noise coming out of my ignition and they said it didn't affect the performance of the bike and ignored it. It is very annoying and I think after spending 14000 dollars on a motorcycle I deserve to have a peaceful ride. I spoke to the service manager who seemed very concerned, but never called me back. Then I spoke to the sales manager, and the same thing, very concerned but nothing was done. I am convinced that their periodic maintenance consists of new spark plugs and turning up the idle to make you think they did every thing else. The icing on the cake was last service I had they couldn't even do that right. On my way home I hear an engine knock and couldn't figure out why. On further inspection I realized one of my spark plugs was about ready to fall out of the cylinder. They offered to come pick it up and fix it, which probably would've taken another 2 weeks so I just spent another $10 on top of the $400 something for the service and bought my own spark plug socket, which didn't work, which is probably what the mechanic used. Then I realized there was a special socket that came in the tool bag with the bike. Also I have a coolant leak now, 400 miles after the 8K service which demands that all coolant fitings be checked and tightened. Nobody here cares about you or your motorcycle because it's not their business or money. They make the same hourly wage whether you are happy or not I tried to get a hold of an owner and no luck. I'm stuck going there one more time because I bought the stupid service package, but after that NEVER AGAIN!!!! I'll find somewhere else to take my bike for the rest of it's long life. If there was only one problem, I could figure it was a mistake. However, every department of this company screws something up every time. Websters dictionary defines insanity as repeating the same action and expecting a different result. I am not insane, I expect one more terrible service, then I am done. Do yourself a favor, don't be fooled by the "biggest" motorcycle dealer in chicagoland. If a small dealership dosn't have what you are looking for they will gladly order it.

Would you like me to pay them a very personal visit ??? I live in Chi-town... :whistle:

WOW Joey Sauce! I have seen people flip out an walk into a building with an AK-47 for a lot less than that. The place I bought my bike put on a fresh rear shoe an neglected to properly mount the rear tire and the rear wheel shifted cause one those rear screws was left loose. never going back. Maybe should skip that last maintenance before they do some real damage to try an get you back in there after the maintenance is up. If you going to have to do what they claim they are doing whats the point of giving them the bike for such a long time. Sorry for your pain an aggravation.

Back