Cherahola mishap

SOUPY

Donating Member
Registered
Hi all-

Said hello to a couple of you on wed and thurs. I was there with a bunch of friends as we had a week-long vacation already planned but we came home on thurs night so didnt get to meet many of you. I had my 750 there railin on those roads.

I'm curious if anyone knows what happened on the Cherahola on thurs (i believe thats what day it was)? Well...I know basically what happened but was wondering how the guy who was airlifted out is doing? I believe he was on a blue R1 and it looked like he may have been with some Busa rider(s).

There may be a thread here already with the info but wow, theres a ton of info to sort thru.

Thanks

This is the first I'd heard of anyone being airlifted out, so I hope someone knows more and can chime in... :(

I remember seeing what appeared to be an airlift operation going on, but didn't hear anything else about it. Hope he is okay.

from what i heard the guy was hit by a corvette that crossed the center line.... hopefully someone else will chime in

Not that incident. This was up on the Cherahola, not on the dragon. He lost it in a decreasing radius corner and hit the guardrail. When we came thru the first time they were tending to him. When we returned they stopped us as the chopper was landing on the road.

I think he was ok (well, ok as an airlifted motorcyclist could be), just wonderin if his partners were members here and if so, if they knew what happened.

I dont know for sure, but I dont think he was part of our group. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

We were there Happened about 5 minutes before we got there
they 3 riders were coming down The more experenced rider let a less experence lead
He came in to fast on a curve marked SLOW overshot the curve bike ended up in guardrail
The second rider said he did not hit the guardrail only the bike.
Wetayed until EMS and then left
At the gas station in telepo plains we talked to his buddy he was getting a trailer to pick up the bike They were from Moorsville NC Bike was an R6 completly tore up couldnt really tell what it was
Broken right leg and broken right arm dont know what else He was air lifted out
This was the worst crash we saw lot of Harley mishaps two on a straight road???
Will try to post some pics of crash by weekend

That was a wicked accident from what I saw of MacFast's pics... that R1 was SHOVED into that guardrail.... can't wait to see the pics a little bigger.

My :please: goes out to the rider... scary stuff.

here are a few pics The bike is an R6

09 busa bash 045.jpg

09 busa bash 041.jpg

09 busa bash 044.jpg

09 busa bash 033.jpg

Yeah...that's a spanker there.

Hope the guy is ok or pulls through...

Back