Checking in* Jax area FL

Boss9oh4

Registered
Hey guys! Bought my first busa last week... Time to acquaint myself with the details of the machine, and maybe find some people to ride with. My guys keep bailing :p

I'm not a newby to the street bike game.... 2008 zx6r previously, 2012 Yamaha r1, and 2013 Kawasaki zx14r all currently reside in my yard. The 14 is my baby brothers, r1 is my roommates. My busa is a 2013 in Daytona yellow.

Well, I have a question right off..... Any tech gurus out there, I happen to have a spare, mint condition zx14 yoshimura slipon...... How close is this to fitting? Haven't taken off the massive stock cans yet to look, and would rather honestly just save the effort if it's a waste of my time.

I've also been looking for a Leo Vince gp pro styled slipon.... But, I haven't found that style... Do they not make one for the 2nd gen?

Thanks for having me, and I'm looking forward to popping in and getting to know you all!

Josh~

Hi,,, Even slip-ons would help, mostly to lighten the load. I put a Yoshimura 4 into 1, TRS, the Tri-Oval lookin' one. It took about 35 pounds off, compared to the stockers. The only thing about the ZX-14 slip-on's is the size of the inlet pipe, and the hangers. No clue about the differences.
Maybe you could trade or sell them to offset the cost for a Busa set, if you can't overcome any differences in size.

:thumbsup:

Thanks to all for the warm welcome ^^

Yeah, I was more concerned about the plastics not lining up correctly and it being a little too close.... Don't want melting on a 300 mile bike :p lol
I think I'll just not be a tightwad and go buy a new exhaust. I found an interesting thread on another forum, and it looks like the way it sits, it won't work. It would need to be cut and reshaped a little.... Odd really, bc the two are remarkably similar shape. Lengths are just wrong I guess.

Back