Check your air filters

Shaft

Registered
Hey all. 09 Busa here.

12,600 kms on the clock. opened the air box for the first time to check the filter and man it was dirty. I have done mostly highway with some twisties on occasion.

The picture looks better than in person. Camera lightened it up, it is alot darker looking than this. I had a K&N to replace.

IMG_0742.jpg

Yuck...yup gotta change mine here soon too thanks for the remider bro:thumbsup:

Clean and Oil air filter every 3000 miles... a must do for me.

Ya I will be doing that between oil changes from now on. now with the K&N be easy to clean.

Dont worry Shaft, someone will be here soon Im sure talking some babble about how you shouldve done it a year ago or some crap:laugh:

I still say its a good reminder, and Ace you dont count bro, every 3000 miles? Are you crazy? That means youre changing your oil on the side of the highway every other week right?:rofl::rofl:

I guess I need to check mine. I reached 4,000 miles on my ride yesterday. I've never checked the air filter. :whistle:

Hey all. 09 Busa here.

12,600 kms on the clock. opened the air box for the first time to check the filter and man it was dirty. I have done mostly highway with some twisties on occasion.

The picture looks better than in person. Camera lightened it up, it is alot darker looking than this. I had a K&N to replace.

Thanks Bro, this is often overlooked by me!!

thanks for the heads up. it's about time to check my bmc race and give her a quick hit with the air hose.

Dont worry Shaft, someone will be here soon Im sure talking some babble about how you shouldve done it a year ago or some crap:laugh:

I still say its a good reminder, and Ace you dont count bro, every 3000 miles? Are you crazy? That means youre changing your oil on the side of the highway every other week right?:rofl::rofl:

Never on the side of the road, bro! Auto Zone parking lot YES! :laugh:

I guess I need to check mine. I reached 4,000 miles on my ride yesterday. I've never checked the air filter. :whistle:
Me neither, but I doubt I have to. The Dallas area is known for being pollutant-free. Seriously...good reminder. I have never checked mine, but will this weekend.

Good reminder indeed, I'll be hitting 3000 soon and need to do this... However I have a custom map on my pc3... Do I need to stay with the stock air filter? I was considering a k&n.

Back