Check this out!

bird1300

Registered
Last night my wife, my friend, and myself were out riding and on our way home this fellow on a 2001 yellow/silver busa pulled up. We pulled over and met. My buddie and I have already heard about this guy from people all over. He was talking about how he could wheelie and walk it. He said wanna see follow me. We jumped on the interstate and this guy was doing about 80-85 mph when he picked it up and ran all the way up to 150 before he let it down. He was two up riding too. True riding like that puts not only puts him at risk but his passenger at risk too. But that would be another topic. I couldnt believe what I saw but it really happened. This guys bike was really powerfull. It wasn't stock. It had a 4-1 Ackro. pipe with a power commander on it and as far as he knew it didn't have any other mods on it. The bike looked great too. The paint was custom and he had lots of chrome on it. If there is anyone that can ride a wheelie this guy is it. Oh yeah, he got the bike for a graduation present. He is only 18.

the friend of mine that got me into busas can do that to about 110mph, he is 6'5", but what are the chances that kid or his passenger will live to see his 19th b-day??

dont know what the deal is with him having a "really powerful bike??" i thought we all did? anyways, he keeps that up he'll either dump the passenger and nobody will ride with him for fear of the ever dreaded road rash, or he'll make a nice big splat on something and his bus will be toast. kinda hard for some people to understand that the throttle works both ways, and wfo with a passenger aint the time. oh well sorry about the preachin. woulda been cool to see that wheelie though. the general manager of our local bike shop races for fun and i have seen him wheelie everything from gsxr600's to a new bus and rise it till he got tired of it. i get too scared to bring it up high enough to hit the balance point. sometimes the voice in yer arse yells louder than the testosterone.

There are a lot of people who can do a wheelie from 80-150. Guy Sounds like a squid to me. Anyone on a busa who can control the throttle well could do it, but with a passanger its pretty stupid to do any stunts. I just dont like squids, they raise my insurance, im turning 20 on the 14th, my insurance is high enough as it is. It would be different if he didnt come out and brag about it,

People that haven't done it, don't understand.

It's easier to ride a 2 up wheelie, if your partner is used to it!!

Think of it this way.
It's extra weight that you can use for a counterbalancer.
A wheelie is a balance point, nothing more.
If you have counter weight, you don't have to have it as high to balance , and it's much easier to keep it there.

Very scary, no offense to younger riders as I know quite a few "young" riders who are responsible. However they do not gamble on other people's lives. Let me see...18...license for no more than 2 years....maybe dirt experience as a minor...>150hp potential 200mph bike...yep what I thought, scary. Alright enough preaching, sorry.

Maybe if you get close to him, maybe, when he trashes his bike you might be able to scam the parts that will still be good.
smile.gif
Chris

Think of it this way.
If you have counter weight, you don't have to have it as high to balance , and it's much easier to keep it there.
exactly.......I wish I could do a wheelie.

Think of it this way.
exactly.......I wish I could do a wheelie.
pissed.gif

Wheelies are no more dangerous than knee draggin'...Now you guys go and bust wheelie riders, what about the blind curve riding and shat???It is easier to balance with a passenger and this guy surely had a passenger that was seasoned (a bit) on riding wheelies...Ya'll stay with the curves and knee down shat...That's cool...I'll lift my shat up and we'll see who the ladies call!!!

pissed.gif

And, and most of you are just hatin' anyway cause you are scared to lift your shat up!!!

Well I know me and Chris ain't skeered 'cause I've viewed pics of both of us with the front wheel up.........but I've never, never ever, EVER seen a pic of Stunnah with his stuff off the ground

and now the Stunnah is writing a rough draft of his wittiest response.........or warming his digital camera up..........one of the two I suppose.........................

One other thing..........first off I would laugh my ass off at someone who pulls up and says (something to this effect)...."hey, what's up....I can walk this........WANNA SEE". What are you twelve......there are plenty of guys that can walk the hell out of a number of different bikes.........I do em cause they are extremely fun. But as I like to qoute our fellow rider Wink 1100......."you have to be 100% well rounded". Ask him to chase you through a few curves and then see if he can "walk it".......probably not.

Wheelies are fun and exciting and since I don't drink or do drugs........that's my high......but I can do other things on our bike as well........and I don't ever just run up to someone I've never met and blurt out something like you explained. Just kinda funny to me. Typical 18y/o male stuff..........LOL.

Well I know me and Chris ain't skeered 'cause I've viewed pics of both of us with the front wheel up.........but I've never, never ever, EVER seen a pic of Stunnah with his stuff off the ground
DO'H  That’s a good point...
tounge.gif

But I am mixed on this a little...I am with Stunnah I think,  If there was traffic and he's doing his wheelie thing then yeah...he's a squid and has watched to many Stunt vids.  If the road was empty for the most part and this is something he does on a regular basis, which it probably is... then why all the heat folks?
pissed.gif

The guy could be riding well within his limits, feels downright comfortable doing it, and isn't a big deal to him.  Is it dangerous?  Well yeah a bit, but hell taking a shower in your house is pretty dangerous.  I feel we need to take this stuff on a case by case.  

I mean there is a section on friggen high speed runs, well if your doing it downtown you’re retarded...out in the middle of nowhere it's a calculated risk.  One that is arguably more dangerous than a two up wheelie (though probably not at 150).  Just as much bad stuff can happen at top speed as on one wheel, the resulting impact with the asphalt is the same...
idea.gif

As for the passenger, well it's hard to say, she is either into it, or will never ride with him again...simple...

My .02

and now the Stunnah is writing a rough draft of his wittiest response.........or warming his digital camera up..........one of the two I suppose.........................

One other thing..........first off I would laugh my ass off at someone who pulls up and says (something to this effect)...."hey, what's up....I can walk this........WANNA SEE".  What are you twelve......there are plenty of guys that can walk the hell out of a number of different bikes.........I do em cause they are extremely fun.  But as I like to qoute our fellow rider Wink 1100......."you have to be 100% well rounded".  Ask him to chase you through a few curves and then see if he can "walk it".......probably not.  

Wheelies are fun and exciting and since I don't drink or do drugs........that's my high......but I can do other things on our bike as well........and I don't ever just run up to someone I've never met and blurt out something like you explained.  Just kinda funny to me.  Typical 18y/o male stuff..........LOL.
One other thing..........first off I would laugh my ass off at someone who pulls up and says (something to this effect)...."hey, what's up....I can walk this........WANNA SEE".[/QUOTE]

OK Yeah, that would be pretty silly...Kinda like having friends take pictures of you doing wheelies so you can show them to people...Looky what I can do!!!
wow.gif
Showing off is showing off...It's fun!
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

HOLD on Higg!!! I am not trying to bust your chops, I am not "hating" it just kinda struck me as funny...I couldn't help myself. Besides I am still working on my little 10" wheelies. All I can do is look at your pics in envy.

It's showing off either way...But yeah, in your given scenario it would be pretty freakin funny..."What the hell?" would be my response...

jump9.gif

Wheelies are wheelies and are fine. However 150mph is fast with 2 wheels, insane on one wheel. One rock on the back wheel will skip you across the street does not matter how good you are once you start going over 100mph on one wheel, the aerodynamics can cook your azz.

I know a guy who would disagree with you on that, because anyone who really knows how to ride should be able to see and avoid a rock, even at 220 mph(according to him, but i wont mention any names)
sarcasm.gif

I saw a guy on the freeway trying to wheelie on a 1k by bouncing the front wheelie up and down while lane spliting, and moving in and out between cars.

I know a guy who would disagree with you on that, because anyone who really knows how to ride should be able to see and avoid a rock, even at 220 mph(according to him, but i wont mention any names)  
sarcasm.gif

I saw a guy on the freeway trying to wheelie on a 1k by bouncing the front wheelie up and down while lane spliting, and moving in and out between cars.
You can avoid it at 220mph if it is standing still. You still have rocks that toss and roll etc. etc. Little harder when you are looking over the front on a 80 degree incline. Anyone who wants to do it it, DO IT, it is their life to live.

Back