Check out the rear tire on this cruiser.

cipher5791

Registered
This bike was parked down the street from my sub-division. I finally stopped to look at it today and I saw this. It's a nice bike and I like the color. Was gonna call the guy but I saw the rear tire and I thought:rofl:

I would like to know how it handles. A freaking car tire.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

IMG00024-20090719-1611.jpg

IMG00022-20090719-1611.jpg

IMG00023-20090719-1611.jpg

IMG00026-20090719-1612.jpg

Ive seen that alot on bigger cruiser bikes like gold wings. I was told that its better for long rides if your going cross country and riding hundreds of miles a day.

Allot of Goldwingers do that mod cause they normally only go in a straight line and they can get 80k out of a rear tire

The touring guys call that going to the dark side. I guess if you are a highway cruiser, a car tire will last alot longer than a touring bike tire.

The Dark Side

There's a few riders that swear buy it on the Feejer forums. They are getting over 40k out of a tire and don't have any handling complaints.

I've got a General Grabber 205/70/15 car tire on my cruiser, and absolutely love it! Superior traction, especially in the wet, superior mileage, and very economical price: $80 mounted, out the door. If you otherwise like that cruiser, don't let the car tire put you off.

CW

Those are strictly touring toys not canyon carvers, so if you want it; go for it :thumbsup:

When the time comes to put a tire on the M109R, it will be a Metzler 280. Don't think I would fee confident with that car tire on there.

I found these tires from Goodyear that are rated to a speed of 235mph. part # 275Q29-1

now I just need a 15" rim :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back