check out my pipes!!!!

thoro4star

Registered
hello, im new to this site and I have a question. I cut my pipes for cosmetic reasons and im happy with the results. the question i have is will it damage my engine or kill the perfomance in the long run. so far so good but later on will it chang the way it runs? I have an 2008 Hayabusa.

web2.jpg

web1.jpg

Looks like the ones I have on Misty

I was told it wouldnt hurt it, But was also recommended a Power Commander, I installed the Power Commander primarily to get rid of the backfire on De-Acceleration.

Mine is a Gen I though. Let the Gen II gurus chime in.

did u actually cut the pipe down or did u buy those tips. Igot a gen1 and icut mine when i had about 300 miles on it, im at 8000 miles and no problems.

IMG00060.jpg

IMG00063.jpg

i chopped both of them off and added a hhort pipe to it. Is sound is mean and next im going to paint the bike all black and black out the pipes too.

i chopped both of them off and added a hhort pipe to it. Is sound is mean and next im going to paint the bike all black and black out the pipes too.

Thats cool just make sure u do the marble mod (search) so u can get rid of the unnecessary popping or like demmym just get a power commander 3. :thumbsup:

i dont pop but it sounds alot louder than the stock. this site helped me alot and i want it to look right for the summer.

i dont pop but it sounds alot louder than the stock. this site helped me alot and i want it to look right for the summer.

I didnt know about the popping at first, it happens when your decelerating, its almost like a backfire but its just the unnecessary air getting dumped into the motor. I actually know people who like the popping sound.

Thats cool just make sure u do the marble mod (search) so u can get rid of the unnecessary popping or like demmym just get a power commander 3. :thumbsup:

Not sure the marble trick is a good idea, it still has the cat convertor on it.

make sure its high heat powdercoating.ive heard stories. i was thinking of doin my exhaust too since my uncle does powdercoating at his job but im looking forward to getting a brocks full exhaust system in the near future so i dont wanna get too into my shorties.

Back