Check in from SF Bay Area

cauliflower ears

Registered
Finally convinced my wife to let me get another bike as a "Commuter"

Ive been on supermotos for the past 10 years and needed something to take on the freeway. I picked up this 03' and in less then a week I've wondered why I didn't do this sooner, the throttle is amazing. She's lowered an 1" all around and freshly resprung for my weight (I like cake). Has the usual mods like the airbox and de-somg. My ultimate goal is make a nice comfy canyon carver that I can run up to Tahoe on with ease.

The addiction begins....

Busa1_zps66a8e8bb.jpg

1BFCC37F-380E-4CD6-AC28-E3412F002499-521-000000517338288C_zps9a69da4e.jpg

Nice looking bike, welcome to the org.
If you want to carve canyons, raise it back up and set the suspension sag.

Nice looking bike, welcome to the org.
If you want to carve canyons, raise it back up and set the suspension sag.

When I bought it, it was already lowered an 1". Last weekend I replaced fork springs and fluid and the rear spring from race tech. When I get get it dialed in at the shop I was going to have them raise it up to stock or maybe slightly higher in the rear.

Great to see Bay Area peeps. I'm not a busa owner, yet, but after thinking about it now half a year or so, I'm mostly ready... Would love meeting up with some local busa owners to get your thoughts... Any of you have a regular ride and hang out haunt on the weekends?

I live in the Oakland hills and have a GSX-R 600 (2011). I'm close to pulling the trigger and getting a Busa as a second, bigger bike for more long distance trips, put luggage on it, etc. The GSX-R600 is fine in the hilly roads in and around like Skyline, Redwood Road, etc etc. and I've commuted with in to SF many times, or ridden around a few longer trips to various points around the Bay Area. I don't want to give up the GSX-R600 at all. Mentally, it's like my light weight track delight.

I'm a bit nervous adequately handling some of the annoying 20 - 15 mph blind curves in canyons on on crests, etc. with the Busa, but I had to get used to that with my GSX-R and my previous Harley too I suppose. And like the MSF course (I'm a 2012 graduate), reduce speeds at those blind curves. I've never been a pusher, or daredevil so I think I'll be fine. But I just wonder if I just have constant bike lust (love the look of the Busa) and would ride it as much as I'd hope??

Practically, I should probably just ride the 600 for another year, before getting an additional bike. Wish I could test ride a Busa first, though to see how much the lust matches reality.. The 2013 clearance price right now is attractive for me...

Other bigger bikes (besides the liter bikes), are so damn ugly, super heavy, or "pipe and slippers".... just don't want that yet...

Are there any threads here in the forum from other riders, not necessarily totally noobs (like me to an extent), on how they came to the Hayabusa and decided on it? Like what previous bikes, etc etc....

- Anyone in the Bay Area commute with a Busa regularly?
- I feel that the GEN III may be coming soon from Suzuki, but as always, there will *always* be something new and no bike today is perfect.

Great to see Bay Area peeps. I'm not a busa owner, yet, but after thinking about it now half a year or so, I'm mostly ready... Would love meeting up with some local busa owners to get your thoughts... Any of you have a regular ride and hang out haunt on the weekends?

I live in the Oakland hills and have a GSX-R 600 (2011). I'm close to pulling the trigger and getting a Busa as a second, bigger bike for more long distance trips, put luggage on it, etc. The GSX-R600 is fine in the hilly roads in and around like Skyline, Redwood Road, etc etc. and I've commuted with in to SF many times, or ridden around a few longer trips to various points around the Bay Area. I don't want to give up the GSX-R600 at all. Mentally, it's like my light weight track delight.

I'm a bit nervous adequately handling some of the annoying 20 - 15 mph blind curves in canyons on on crests, etc. with the Busa, but I had to get used to that with my GSX-R and my previous Harley too I suppose. And like the MSF course (I'm a 2012 graduate), reduce speeds at those blind curves. I've never been a pusher, or daredevil so I think I'll be fine. But I just wonder if I just have constant bike lust (love the look of the Busa) and would ride it as much as I'd hope??

Practically, I should probably just ride the 600 for another year, before getting an additional bike. Wish I could test ride a Busa first, though to see how much the lust matches reality.. The 2013 clearance price right now is attractive for me...

Other bigger bikes (besides the liter bikes), are so damn ugly, super heavy, or "pipe and slippers".... just don't want that yet...

Are there any threads here in the forum from other riders, not necessarily totally noobs (like me to an extent), on how they came to the Hayabusa and decided on it? Like what previous bikes, etc etc....

- Anyone in the Bay Area commute with a Busa regularly?
- I feel that the GEN III may be coming soon from Suzuki, but as always, there will *always* be something new and no bike today is perfect.

Ride up to Mt Hamilton and back, both ways. Then report back to me. I do it on my Busa regularly. :thumbsup:

Back