Check for melted fan blades

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Oddly enough when I had the bike apart this past month I found that I had a fan with some melted blades, not all just a few were melted near there tips.

I toasted the blades tips on my 7R so bad, they got stuck on the radiator shroud. Some mechanics say this is not that uncommon with single walled aftermarket pipes (as most of them are - mine was stock double walled).

I, too, am interested in an aluminium fan blade (for the 12R). Muzzy, Lockhart Phillips, MAW and Dennis Kirk didn't seem to have one. Maybe Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky or White Brothers might have one for the Busa (or a crossover from a different model might work).

It good to keep an eye ont the condition of the fan blades. If they get too melted to work properly, the "best" thing that could happen is you blow a fuse. You can guess what the "worse" things would be. Still, an unbalanced fan could toast the fan motor.

In the case of my 7R, it was sold as a complete unit (fan, motor and shroud) for a mere $450! Price one for a Busa and you'll be equally shocked! Fans are like leathers... cheap insurance.

dose anyone know of a sourch for aluminum or high temp policorbonate (glass filled plastic used on intake manifold for cars.) blades ?

i posted the phone# they have complete fans and motors for 150$or less.also summit carries a larger aluminum bladed fanw/motor for 80 or 100#with more cfm 950 if i remember right.

We (Muzzys) make aluminum fans for all GXR's
including Hayabusas. They flow more air and fix the melting problem that can be caused by aftermarket exhausts. They're $34.95
have your dealer order,call us, or go to <www.muzzys.com>.

Doug, My dealer called Muzzy right after I saw your post on the fans blades. The guy who answered the phone said, Muzzy did not have the fans and did not know when they would have them. I told my dealer about your post. He called back and told the same guy that you stated on the internet Muzzy had the blades. The salesdude then put my dealer on hold. When he came back to the phone he said, yes we do have those.
You almost missed a sale because the salestaff is not well versed in your product line.
I called a few weeks ago and asked about the "megaphone muffler" for conventional exhaust systems. The one Rob Muzzy mentioned at Dragbike.com. The salesperson said, you cannot take the Sidewinder megaphone and put it on a conventional system. I told them I was not talking about the Sidewinder but the megaphone muffler, for conventional systems. He said he did not know anything about it.
I then posted to Rob on Dragbike.com and he answered, "Yes, Daniel", to my question, Would I be able to put a complete Titanium system with an oval can on my Busa and also buy the Megaphone muffler and change it out as desired. Conflicting information is worse than no information at all.
I do think your products are outstanding in the high-performance field.
Busadan

Back