Check Error And High Level Of Water Temperature

George,
Ok.
I failed to ask earlier, did you buy the bike this way or did all three of those symptoms appear one day?
My initial thought is part of the issue may have to do with wiring just need to get more info to pick a place to start.
Although the pictures you shared with us of the bare wires, could you look into where they go. It is important, you may need to remove items to track it down.

When I arrived first at the bike,the owner was with the jumpers on it from his van. He said he didn't had any problems before that. So I asume it started in that day. I will post more pictures with the wires to see.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I finally took some photos.have a look guys. I unplugged the connection where those 2 wires are going to. One of them has something on it,I don't know what like a melted plastic,and the other one is cut. The one which has the plastic on it,is green and black and the one which is cut is black with green .

image.jpeg

George,
Those are great pictures!
Perhaps someone with an 08-15 Manual can get help with identifying wire colours.
That melted green/black wire, does connect to one of the wires that goes to the ecu, if so what colour?
Another thing I need you to do is trace the two wire forward, it looks like they run from there toward the front of the bike.
We need to know what they go to, I do not think they are part of the factory wiring.

Ok. Here is what I came up with, given the wires in question are factory wires.
Green with black tracer- IAP Sensor (Intake Air Pressure)
You have a couple of green wires going to the ECM.
Green- CKP Sensor (Crankshaft Position Sensor)
Green- Ignition coil #4
Green- ISC Valve (Idle Speed Control Valve)
Green- STVA, STP Sensor (Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator, Secondary Throttle Position Sensor

Hi guys,I came back to have one more look at the wires and I noticed the wire which is cut (black and green) comes from the bundle of wires which goes to the big connection. Could that be the problem? And I folowed the other wire which is going to the front of the bike(dont know where) it seems the green and black wore have a connection with the black one which goes to the front. I will upload a video for you to see. Thanks.

Last edited:
George
The video was an excellent idea.
My feeling is that the green black wire that goes to nothing originally went to the ECU. I think something aftermarket was installed in line with that wire.
I think that wire ended up melting and someone just disconnected that circuit. I think that black wire that goes to nothing was attached to the green black wire that also now goes to nothing.
I think you need to disconnect whatever wire is going to the ECU and reconnect the green black wire to that location.
I would double check the pin location number and make sure that the schematics does indeed show that a green black wire is there from factory.
Does this make sense to you George.
What do you think of my theory nosbig?

I do think that trying to undo someones hack job is a good idea. I would check resistance on the wires to make sure that everything else is intact. Previous owner done more than just cut that wire other wise they would not have striped it.

Ok guys,Does anyone have the scheme of the wires ? The previous owner said the bike has a mod for the 6th gear. I got the reciept as well for that. Could that be related with my problem? Thanks.

nosebig
I disagree. You can not resolve an issue you are thrown in the middle of until you know exactly what is going on.
In this case that means remove what has been added and return the bike to the way Suzuki sold it. If you don''t remove variables you're kind of shooting in the dark..
This, electronics, electrical and problem solving, is what I specialize in.

George
You need to identify what those two wires go to. Prop the fuel tank up, remove the left hand side plastics and trace those wires back.
Your problem may be more than one problem. these two wires may be causing your gear indicator problem. We need more info.
Please find out where those wires go and we can advise further. Take pictures as well.

Echobase
I was agreeing with you. I was just saying that I would not just hook up the cut wire and give it a try. I would check to make sure that everything was as suzuki intended first. Sounds like to me someone tried to make a homemade TRE and it backfired on them.

Hi guys,I've made another video. It seems those wires which goes to that orange round thing are going underneath the tank into a box. Plus there are some other wires +\- which comes from there as well and goes to the battery. I post the video and a photo. On the photo you can see the wires which are going to the battery. I want to say thanks again for your help guys. It means a lot for me if I can fix it with your help,as if I go to suzuki they will rip me of.

image.jpeg

George
Ok, here is what I would do.
Those three pin white connectors that that box plugs into is you gear position sensor.
Unplug that tre box from it and reconnect those two three pin white connectors together as they would have been from factory, if you need help with that, let us know.
Next remove that box and all the wring that comes with it.
What should be left is how the bike was from stock with the exception, I think, of the green/black wires that are cut or not connected to anything.
Once you have removed that module and the wiring associated with it report back with pictures of what is left.
If you have iMessage I can make arrangements to do a live walkthrough if you want this looked after sooner.
email the address in my signature and we can go from there if you want that option.

nosebig
Update
George had two problems.
1. The green/black wire was severed and re-routed elsewhere. That was the reason for the Check
2. There was an x-TRE module partially installed. The gps connectors were plugged in but the unit was not powered up. So no gear showing up.
The max temp was only there when the kill switch was activated and the ignition was on.
As soon as you deactivated the kill switch with the ignition on temp went back to normal.

I'm marking this one as SOLVED!
:beerchug:

Back