Check Error And High Level Of Water Temperature

George lazar

Registered
Hi everyone,I just encountered a problem. I bought recently a Hayabusa 2009 model. When I tried to start it the battery was flat. I put the jumpers from the car and worked. Then I tried to put the jumpers on the bike without the battery. In the end I realised the battery is completed dead. I put a battery from an r1 to get home. And now In the dAshboard says "chec" and the water temperature stays at maximum even the engine is cold. And the gear indicator is not working either. Please give me an advice if someone know what's the problem. Thanks in advance.

George
That is a really odd combination of problems.
Can you verify the connections to the temporary battery are fastened correctly?
Like Blue said pull the code(s) that comes up.
Start with the code, get a proper battery in there and then go from there.

Ok, heads up. Never jump your bike from a running car, not that you said it was running but its just not a good idea. Check all your fuses, disconnect the new battery and wait a little while then reconnect. Report back what you find.

Hi guys,thanks for your replies. I have checked all the fuses(on the left side underneath the handlebar) everything was ok. The bike has been without the battery for a whole day. I connected the battery I had from the r1 and the problem is still there.I am expecting to recieve today a new battery.I don't know if I mentioned but the bike runs fine apart this problem.

George,
Is the bike still showing a code?
I'm not certain if on the second gen busa's you need to jump through some hoops like the first gens to extract the code.
Can a second Gen Owner chime in on this?
Long story short, we need to know what code it's showing and that will point us in the direction of that issue. If after resolving that issue the bike still has problems starting and no codes are shown well look into this further.

Yes you have to put bike in dealer mode to retrieve codes. Put a paper clip or wire into the white plug under the seat.

To be honest what he is describing sounds more like an interlock problem to me.

George
The directions in that link looks right.
Might want to look into what nosbig is describing for a potential problem.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I put a wire as shown in the picture,nothing happens. I ride the bike
For 15 mins just in case,still nothing. I attached some pictures for you guys to see. And I spotted something,2 wires which I don't know why are like that.

George,
I'm not certain why that jumper you put in isn't working.
The wires you found should not be bare. Did that wire just come out of the connector you have in your hand?

What is that plug to? Is the wire going to ECM melted? If so can you tell what color it used to be or what pin number it is. I can look it up for you and tell what that wire does.

George,
Without the jumper wire in, is there any light or code indicating there is an issue?
No Echobase. Just the water temp at max,gear indicator not working,and chec error in the dashboard. And I can't use the modes for power . That's all. What do you suggest?

Back