Chec / temp gauge reading high

Same problem here ,I need that fixed
Welcome aboard.! If you are referring to the temp gauge, it's normal for it to be in the "HOT" position before you start the bike. Busas don't like weak batteries and act pretty crazy when battery is low on charge.

September 25, 2016: Hello everyone. For the last couple of weeks I'm having the same issue while riding, the CHEC will come on, the temp goes to maximum and the gear selector number will go away and just a minus sign (-) will appear. It stays like that momentarily and then goes back to normal. The FI light does not come on.
With the engine off I have turned the run switch on and off several times and also put the kick stand up and down several times. No change, the malfunction still occurs momentarily. The only change that took place before this happened was me over oiling the chain so I cleaned the kick stand switch and speedo sensor with clean solvent.
I did a code check and nothing came up. Getting desperate and my bar bill is accelerating as fast as the bike trying to resolve this, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Rick.

September 27, 2016 Thank you dave s. This morning I bypassed the switch and then went for a 3 hour / 120 mile ride and it ran flawlessly.
All weather, road, traffic conditions were similar to when it was displaying the CHEC.
The switch had oil in it so I guess it was able to let some current pass to ground, not enough to stop the engine but enough to activate the CHEC display.
I'll put a new switch on this winter and maybe figure out a way to seal the plunger from the throw off chain oil.
I hope this bit of knowledge helps others with the same issue.

Good Evening All

Please help.

My husbands Busa is showing the "CHEC" message when the ignition is on. It is also reading high on the temperature gauge, despite being stone cold and in the garage overnight. It won't start and we are a bit stuck. Has anyone else experienced this issue and do you have any words of wisdom please

Hi,new to the group.
I know this is a very old thread but has anyone figured out the problem to fix it I am currently experiencing the same exact thing

September 27, 2016 Thank you dave s. This morning I bypassed the switch and then went for a 3 hour / 120 mile ride and it ran flawlessly.
All weather, road, traffic conditions were similar to when it was displaying the CHEC.
The switch had oil in it so I guess it was able to let some current pass to ground, not enough to stop the engine but enough to activate the CHEC display.
I'll put a new switch on this winter and maybe figure out a way to seal the plunger from the throw off chain oil.
I hope this bit of knowledge helps others with the same issue.

Hi I am new to the group and I know this is an old thread but I'm experiencing the same problem. What switch did you override?

I have the same issue with my gen 1 but I have a c22 code as well it would crank fine till I blew something and it sounds like an ac current arcing out !!need help!!

NOTE: This is from a Gen 2 Manual
Also advise you read all posts this thread (suspect battery)

help.png

Back