Chec / temp gauge reading high

purplekitten

Registered
Good Evening All

Please help.

My husbands Busa is showing the "CHEC" message when the ignition is on. It is also reading high on the temperature gauge, despite being stone cold and in the garage overnight. It won't start and we are a bit stuck. Has anyone else experienced this issue and do you have any words of wisdom please

Please be patient, someone with more knowledge than I will chime in soon. Welcome to the oRg too! Did the bike just start acting this way? Was something changed? Ongoing problem that happens every once in while?

welcome.gif
to the oRg.  Has he checked the simple stuff like all the switches being on?  Is it in gear with the kickstand down?  Is the fuel pump cycling when the key is being turned on?  Its normal for the CHECK message to be displayed if the key is on, but one or more of the ignition safety locks is active.

I'm not sure what's up with the temp gauge. They are supposed to cycle when the key is turned on as a self test. If it's saying in the red after all the other gauges return to their normal position, it could be a faulty water temp sending unit (fairly common) or possibly a faulty gauge (not so common).

When you first turn the key, the gauges do a self check; the CHEH light will be on and the temp will be high - these are completely normal... when you say it won't start, what exactly is happening when you press the start button? If nothin at all is happening, does the headlight dim? If not, check the wires coming out of the left side switch housing, could be a clutch wiring issue - simplest solution is to put the batteyer on a charger... but we need more info on what is actually happening to give better gouge.

Also, make sure the engine switch is in the 'run' position. (don't ask how I know that one
crazy.gif
)

Many thanks all

The switches are all on, when the key is turned the clocks do the self diagnostic thing, the temp gauge stays in the red. The fuel pump is cycling but no ignition.

1st instance this morning, bike half started then this fault appeared then no starting since. It's not in gear, have checked the clutch switch, side-stand switch and temperature sensor ( we unplugged it but to no avail)

The battery was low earlier this week but has been fully charged.

Due to this fault the "meta" alarm will no longer set or de-set.

Hope this is enough extra info ??

Ahhh. Does the alarm have an ignition kill feature? Also, which temperature sensor did you unplug? The water temp sensor that the gauge is driven off of is behind the coolant overflow bottle.

First thought would be to check the battery again. What year is the bike and how old is the battery?

Thanks for the welcome

The battery is less than 6 months old and the bike is 8yrs old, a full powered unrestricted X plate.

Ahh we unplugged the sensor possible for the oil temp by the cylinder head ??

I have seen this on my bike. If the RUN switch is OFF and I turn on the bike, it cycles through its self check, the check indicator remains on and the temp gauge goes to high. if you now turn on the run switch, the temp gauge moves to cold (or normal temp) and you cna hear the fuel pump (i think) coming on. I would suggest to check the 'run' switch position

Sounding like a battery issue that has the alarm system hosed. The age of the battery isn't that important. Make sure it is fully charged and good.

This is what happens when the wife is left home alone...someone else playing with hubbys toys....:poke:

Hello,

Please am new here... on this same topic, how was it resolved please.. am currently having the same issues with my 2010 Busa. Please need Helpppppp

Dboi was chatting with me, asking about this issue...

Anyone here ever figure out that it is the battery? The switch? Anything newer than 2008 on the subject? :)

Welcome to the oRg Dboi...

Dboi was chatting with me, asking about this issue...

Anyone here ever figure out that it is the battery? The switch? Anything newer than 2008 on the subject? :)

Welcome to the oRg Dboi...

Please, has any one found the solution to this..?

Back