Chec on clock display!

OB_Jaffie1

Registered
Help! I recently encountered a problem with my busa! the fi light was on and the fi was showing in the clock! The problem was the tps which I adjusted! the bike ran great for about 25mls and than the fi light came back on, so I went to check the computer by puting it in dealer mode and the CHEC reads out on the display, thisCHEC also reads out when bike is running! I know I need a manuel and one is on order! but any help would be appreciated to help get me through till the manuel comes! THANKS AGAIN!

Exactly how do you put the computer into dealer mode? Does it stop mileage going on to the trip counter?
Enquisitivley Nygie

I found the problem with the CHEC in clock display read out, it was a faulty side stand switch. but here is the problem I am having the bike runs great for about 25mls than it will start to backfire through the exhaust, the idle becomes erratic (jumps form 1150-1500) and has no power below 3000 rpm. If I turn the bike off (with the key) and than restart it runs fine again for 25mls or so. The only code i get when in dealer mode is -C00 at 1200 RPM and I think this is proper setting for the tps the line moves to top of the C at about 2250 rpm.

Doesn't soulnd to me like a TPS thing.
Check with Johnny Cheese, but I would suggest fuel filters, or kinked return line. Sounds a bit like what mine was doing.

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

JohnnyCheese
Remember I took 1 inch off return line, well it kinked again and kinked pretty good this time!! witness mark is about 1 inch all along the tube. It does make such a difference to have it free. I knew straight away when something was up again. Why does it kink? Why can't they put stainless braided hose in instead? In the service manual there is a picture showing the metal tube on the fuel tank coming off at an angle, not straight down.........can't remeber which page off hand...your thoughts would be appreciated

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

JC
Only just found this thread!!
I did replace it with auto braided stuff. Put the coiled spring back over it too (only just fitted!)

Did the job, no more kinking.

Thanks
FYI hose size is 8mm ID (but the outlet on fuel pump is hard to get over)

Stay Safe
NumbNuts

I found the problem with the CHEC in clock display read out, it was a faulty side stand switch. but here is the problem I am having the bike runs great for about 25mls than it will start to backfire through the exhaust, the idle becomes erratic (jumps form 1150-1500) and has no power below 3000 rpm. If I turn the bike off (with the key) and than restart it runs fine again for 25mls or so. The only code i get when in dealer mode is -C00 at 1200 RPM and I think this is proper setting for the tps the line moves to top of the C at about 2250 rpm.
Sunday September 25, 2016 Hi, I'm encountering a similar problem with the CHEC display and I'm leaning to the side stand switch but it seems to function on the bench ok. What did you fid wrong with yours and how did you determine that. The damn things are $$$ and I don't wish to be a parts exchanger.
Thanks in advance to any help at all.

Sunday September 25, 2016 Hi, I'm encountering a similar problem with the CHEC display and I'm leaning to the side stand switch but it seems to function on the bench ok. What did you fid wrong with yours and how did you determine that. The damn things are $$$ and I don't wish to be a parts exchanger.
Thanks in advance to any help at all.

If you not sure if it's the sidestand switch or not just bypass it and see if the problem continues.

Thank you for the response. Do you mean total disconnect or jump it direct? One thing I forgot to do was to actual side stand put down when in gear. It's on the bench now with the switch in the vice.

There's a tab on the sidestand ( kickstand ) that can been slightly bent to correct this issue if the switch is good. Make sure everythings tight also.

Back