cheating spouse, forgive or not?

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
my buddy asked me to delete the thread.

Last edited:
once a cheater always a cheater...ive been divorced 8 yrs now...her life went to crap while mine got better

if you have to worry every minute that your partner is cheating its time to move on..

I wouldn't say that "once a cheater, always a cheater". People DO learn from past mistakes. However, that is a mistake that I could never forgive.

In my opinion, the only way to fix that is to end the marriage...

I've yet to meet a cheater who learned their lesson... Except maybe how to not get caught as easily...

"once a cheater always a cheater"....
reason i say that is she cheated on me and on her new boyfriend...

this was just my wonderful experiance...and even after 8 yrs its not easy to forget...

if you are going to cheat just say to your other half that its over...still hurts but not as much as finding out they are cheating...

hope he gets through it ok..

My daddy told me I was going to share that stuff with somebody and it may just as well be your friends! :whistle:

Women are just as likely to have extra marital affairs as men! Studies now show that over half the women now days will have sex outside their relationship. You may have a faithful one but the odds are not good!

Studies also show that most extra marital affairs begin at the work place!

So, evidently the only way to gaurantee your spouse will remain untouched by foreign hands is to keep them home, pregnant and barefoot! :laugh:

my buddy asked me to delete the thread.

If you want me to remove it, send a pm and I will take it down.

cheating spouses, hmm, I tried to forgive mine but what do you do with a cheating spouse who has no remorse, ditch the beech.

My daddy told me I was going to share that stuff with somebody and it may just as well be your friends! :whistle:

Women are just as likely to have extra marital affairs as men! Studies now show that over half the women now days will have sex outside their relationship. You may have a faithful one but the odds are not good!

Studies also show that most extra marital affairs begin at the work place!

So, evidently the only way to gaurantee your spouse will remain untouched by foreign hands is to keep them home, pregnant and barefoot! :laugh:

Our society sucks, it's a shame that anyone would ever think of cheating. However there are consequences to all actions, the only fun cheaters have is during the short time they have sex without their partner. Other than that their lives are full of confusion, problems, and guilt. These type of people will not make a good father/mother, son/daughter. Sucks to be them is what I say.

To answer the OP, I would say YES and forgive them. I believe every human being deserves a second chance. However If they do it again (second time) then it is time for them to go, because if you take them back they will take you for granted and they know they will take you back no matter how many times they cheat on you.

To quote Sir Issac Newton

"To every action, there is always an equal and opposite reaction."

Cheaters will get back to them what they do to others.

Last edited:
I hate to chime in and bring up the past. I got married when i was 19. A year after i had an affair with another woman. I have no excuse other than i was thinkin with my unit. I felt horrible. I can only imagine what she felt. She forgave me and i havent ever thought of doing it again. Were going on 20 years of marriage and to this day i wish i could take it back. It will allways eat at you so think twice about it guys and girls. But you can be forgivin and it can work so dont just give up.

Our society sucks, it's a shame that anyone would ever think of cheating. However there are consequences to all actions, the only fun cheaters have is during the short time they have sex without their partner. Other than that their lives are full of confusion, problems, and guilt. These type of people will not make a good father/mother, son/daughter. Sucks to be them is what I say.

To answer the OP, I would say YES and forgive them. I believe every human being deserves a second chance. However If they do it again (second time) then it is time for them to go, because if you take them back they will take you for granted and they know they will take you back no matter how many times they cheat on you.

To quote Sir Issac Newton

"To every action, there is always an equal and opposite reaction."

Cheaters will get back to them what they do to others.

You are who you are...never forget...never forgive (not on that anyway)...SEE YA' I'm out the door.

I have ZERO respect for anybody who cheats ESPECIALLY IF THERE ARE CHILDREN
what a selfish SELFISH POS. Can't say my respect would be much higher for anyone
who forgave...congrats...you just became became a spinless doormat. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Double Standard

If its me doing the cheating I feel as though I should be forgiven at least 5 times before any action is taken, on the 6th time I should be forced to sleep on the couch, 7th time maybe have to stay at a motel for a couple nights but be warned a lot of cheating happens there, If there is an 8th time we have a problem. ( 8 times and I havent figured out how not to get caught ) ???

If its her doing the cheating. ( Kick her to the curb ) :rulez:

:cheerleader: I love my wife very much and wouldnt cheat on her :cheerleader:

Depends on if you have children or not as their needs must also be taken into the equation.

Depends on if you have children or not as their needs must also be taken into the equation.

Agreed But staying with a cheater is not an option, shield the children, love them in stay a part of their lives but get out once the trust is gone the word love because sarcasm. jmo

I really wouldnt take em back dew to you wouldnt ever have the same feeling that you used to and you will always no matter what have it on your mind. I wouldnt ditch her but i would be friends with her. It just wasnt meant to be. If she couldnt give you the respect you gave her, she isnt for you. There are people out there thay will treat you like a god just gotta find em. Dont settle for less. Down 4 Life

Would be out the door on my end as well... I worry about mine, she leases apartments so she is constantly in these places alone with guys that are constantly hitting on her, its a pretty high end place to and she sees how much they make etc. It kinda worries me, i trust her but it does go through my mind. I would never do anything cause thats just how i was raised, I talk to women, sometimes maybe get a little flirty but she knows she is the one i go home to.

My neighbors daughter got married few months back, her dad dropped upwards of 50k to give her that perfect wedding, 2 weeks after they were married he got caught messing around, she forgave him he pleaded his case and begged her not to leave him. 2 weeks go by and he gets caught again...this is in a town in kansas of like 400 people, so now she is back home with her parents just gave birth to his son, its a big old mess, i feel so bad for her she is an absolute sweetheart.

i can only share my stance on this and here's how it went for me..

living in an apt. engaged to what was to become my wife to be..while having my 1st and only house built and about 1 year away from tying the knot..

Sunday mornin and i'm headed out for a jog when lil miss guided informs me..

"Bill..the girls at my hairshop want to take me out to a chip & dales show in lauderdale next saturday night..just wanted to let you know so you can make plans."

Me?: When i get back from my run just lemme know if ya want me to keep the apt or if you want it cause if you go?...we're done.

Her: (freaking out) screans "WHY!?"

Me: "Cause if you still have the desire to go wrap dollar bills around some dudes sausage?...then you aint ready to be my wife let alone the mother of my children."

when i got back she was in tears..telling me that her fear was that the other hairdressers will make fun of her teasing her that i'm too possesive...then she told me that the other hairdressers husbands and boyfriends didnt care about them going...and i told her..

"Did you hear what you just said?..."THEY DONT CARE"...and guess what biotch?...I DO!..i only intend to get married ONCE!"

That following week she came home proud that she told the other hairdressers what i had told her...and that she wasnt going...and was happy that she didnt get teased about it...as a matter of fact?...the reverse happened..cause what i had said blew the other hairdressers away...cause..they didnt know...

MEN LIKE THAT EXISTED ANYMORE.

and we commanded the utmost respect (if not envy & jealousy) from them all...we've been married for 20 years last month..but i almost fudged that up just recently! :banghead:

But i've since gotten things right again. :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

once a cheater always a cheater...ive been divorced 8 yrs now...her life went to crap while mine got better

if you have to worry every minute that your partner is cheating its time to move on..

Agree. Divorcing right now due to other issues, myself. Not going to get into my story since divorce proceedings are underway, but will simply say that life is MUCH too short to be unhappy and you must take care of yourself. If children are involved, do the best you can for them, but courts generally do not give fathers custody even if he is truly the better parent. If children are involved, make it clear to your children that you love them, and stay in touch with them often. You will go more than broke trying to "win" custody.

Back