cheapest place to buy gopro?

Nicholas

Registered
not sure in the different models and exc... but i really wanna buy one to record my rides and everything that happens while i ride.. how much memory do they have or do i have to buy a external memory or something? dont know much about them as i said before

I have the HD model and you have to buy a memory card. Minimum Class 4, and I think I got a 32 gig? The HD videos are huge so you with my card I can record about 6 hours of video before my card is full. I got my memory card a walmart for around 40 bucks.

Check our site sponsors. They are the cheapest around. Period.

You aren't asking the right ones then... :poke:

Nick, he's teasing you.

Prices vary a lot- even weekly on places like amazon. One time a guy emailed me from France wanting to know if we'd match an amazon price, it was below our dealer cost. Next day that deal was gone.

We have ours set because we have to keep the lights on. We sell a lot of them & have trouble keeping them in stock.

If you want cheap, then just get the 960 version, they go for ~$180.

whats the difference in 960? its not that i just want cheapest i just dont wanna pay a big difference for the same thing that cost alot less somewhere else

Our sponsors are great but I choose to buy my GoPro from an ebay seller for $230, they are currently $235

HERO GoPro HD 1080 Motorsports Cam1080p Cam CHDMH-001 - eBay (item 160538008169 end time Mar-10-11 13:29:05 PST)

I did order my SportBikeCam mount from Pashnit last week, superfast shipping and great price. Very nice piece of equipement.
I also got the Lift piece for the mount & the GoPro Tripod Mount.

Buy Now: SportBikeCam Video Camera Motorcycle Mount Hoffman Metal Products | Pashnit Moto

General info about the camera can be found on GoPro website.

Motorsport Racing On Board Camera: HD Motorsports HERO

The HD 1080 will take up to 32GB memory card.
I also read somewhere that it is wise to have a back-up battery for video.
I got my memory cards & additional battery on amazon.com.

Really looking forward to some sunny weather to play with the new toys.

660.jpg

how long does the battey last?? can the extra battery be charged by external charger like connected to a powerlet outlet or a cig outlet like i have on the bike? I am interested in getting a cam but want the battery to last... poster said 4 hr record time... what about battery life?

how long does the battey last?? can the extra battery be charged by external charger like connected to a powerlet outlet or a cig outlet like i have on the bike? I am interested in getting a cam but want the battery to last... poster said 4 hr record time... what about battery life?

The battery will last between two to three hours. You can cut a hole in side of case so power cord can be plugged in and then connect that cable to a power source for infinite time. I just carry a spare battery or two. I ride thru rain often and can't afford to get it wet with possible seepage. Also don't really want a power cord attached to it as I put it in diff positions on bike.

Nicholas to answer your question. As long as your in the low twos your ok.
Sure you can save ten to twenty bucks on ebay from someone you don't know or converse with. But unless I'm beating his price by a ridiculous margin I buy from Pashnit. Try getting the direct cell phone number of your ebay seller. :)

+1 dealing with Tim, great guy. I'm looking at the gopro sit now. $299 but comes with different mounts and such. pashnit site says $279 but can't tell if it comes with anything besides the cam and case/charger.... I'm gonna shoot Tim a PM and ask for sure. :thumbsup:

Thats 2 to 3 hours of continuous recording. Thats a buttload of video. At the track I only record 20 to 25 minutes of video at a time. On group rides I may record a little more than that, but never 3 hours of continuous video. I usually run out of memory before the battery fails. I also have my resolution set to R2 which is in the medium range of resolution and I can ride all day with one charge. If you set if to R4 the highest resolution setting, you wont get as much battery life.

Back