Cheapest Insurance

b-eezy86

Registered
Does any have any idea what the cheapest insurance company is. Im only 21 years old and i have a 2005 Busa. I dont really ride that much now because of my lack of insurace. Feedback pleae!

Well for starters, dont ride at ALL without insurance...only bad things can come from that.

Now, welcome aboard, and I hope you enjoy it here. The cheapest insurance is going to vary from person to person. I'm 36 and married with a squeaky clean driving record, so I only pay $320 a year for full coverage. At your age, you're probably gonna get bent over. it sucks, but their statistics say you'll be a lot more likely to kill yourself than I will.

Try State Farm. Very competitive for the most part.

Farm Bureau has good rates but they may not cover a busa for you. Still, give 'em a call.

Depending on your financial situation, you may have to go with liability only.

Shop around, though. You'll learn some stuff at least.

--Wag--

State Farm would probably be your best bet, depending on your driving record. Been meaning to get a quote from them myself. Minimum required liability shouldn't be too bad anywhere, it's the full coverage that kills you.

Well for starters, dont ride at ALL without insurance...only bad things can come from that.  

Now, welcome aboard, and I hope you enjoy it here.  The cheapest insurance is going to vary from person to person.  I'm 36 and married with a squeaky clean driving record, so I only pay $320 a year for full coverage.  At your age, you're probably gonna get bent over.  it sucks, but their statistics say you'll be a lot more likely to kill yourself than I will.
I just like him, 36, married, kids, clean record. About the same price on insurance. State Farm was the way to go for me as well.

Try State Farm.  Very competitive for the most part.  

Farm Bureau has good rates but they may not cover a busa for you.  Still, give 'em a call.

Depending on your financial situation, you may have to go with liability only.

Shop around, though.  You'll learn some stuff at least.

--Wag--
Definitely State Farm; I pay $130/mo combined for my '06 and '08.

Pretty sweet when you do the 'comparison shopping'.

Good luck; and +1 on 'don't ride without insurance'. It's a recipe for long-term suffering.

Welcome to the .oRg! You'll like it here.

Scar

Just FYI, State Farm typically only gives the best rates when you tie your vehicle insurance into the home insurance. Keep shopping though and find some insurance before you get out riding for real.

Here in Florida I like to stay away from Insurance company's that pull out of the Homeowners market(alot have been doing it since the busy couple of years we had)..they take your money for 25 years, then have a rough patch and then they leave.. but they still want to sell car Ins and other products.. I say BS on that. State farm is one that pulled out and stranded many homeowners with no Insurance. It is unethical and improper business practice. So if you're in Florida, do your homework.

i bought an 06 in may last year. i was out of work recovering from heart surgery so i had plenty of time to really shop insurance. i shopped & shopped and shopped. on the phone & on the net. i'm 6o years old have a clean driving record have a harley insured through progressive. i got quotes anywhere from $1300 to $2600/yr. finally state farm quoted me $600/yr for full coverage. i had to xfer my truck over to them as well but got a decent rate on that too. state farm was the least expensive by far of every other company i made contact with. even progressive who i had m/c insurance for over 20 years quoted me $1300 on the new busa. go figure.

progressive.com can get a quote on line in seconds I am 40 good driving record 2008 busa $109.00 a month

aaa.JPG

state farm wouldnt insure me without switching everything over and they were still higher that progressive. so i just went with progressive. $97 bucks a month geico was close but higher everything else was insane.

thank you guys for your replies. i did an online quote with gieco and it was only $960 a year for full coverage!, but...i would have to put the bike in my father's name since he's 47 with a clean record. I would just have to put him as the primary driver and put myself as the secondary driver.

Right on to the forum. Last week I got my 07 registered and insured. Progressive quoted me $1000. When I git the bill it was $1800. I went to State Farm today $440 a year for the Busa and for a bonus I saved $700 a year on the two cars, and increased my house coverage 30 percent, plus a 1 million umbrella for the same price as before. Great job forum
bowdown.gif

i dont have full coverage cause i cant afford it with my reckless endangerment ticket i got a year ago so i have insurance just to ride. i pay 27 buck a month. im 26. full coverage would be 167 even with my ticket. pierate insurance is my holder.

wow...all these sound like a lot...in NJ we have a company called RIDER Motorcycle insurance...thats all they do...i'm 25 with a 05 and its $174 a year for liability and $1100 a year for full coverage

I just got my 04 Busa insured for $1200 a year. I'm 42 with a clean record. How the heck is anyone getting $320 per year?!!!!

It depends on where you live, the bike, driving record, credit score etc. I'm 58 with a clean record and good credit. Progressive wanted $1600 a year, went with State Farm full coverage for $40 a month! My home and other vehicles are with Farmers due to homeowner policy. Progressive can KMA!

Wow! seems to be alot of busa riders that are 36-married with kids on here including myself. Anyhow welcome aboard and I also use State Farm 43.00 a month for full coverage.

Back