cheaper state to buy a bike?

eric wiseman

Registered
My friend in mi was telling me that many riders here go to ohio to get bikes?!? Something about fees, document prep, stuff like that, but they were picking up bikes there for a grand or 2 less than up here. Does that make sense, i mean is that common or heard of? Ive been pricing out stuff but i guess what ill be looking for is a bus, years not a huge deal, neither is color but if i prefered blue and silver, but in a price around 5 to 7. So i guess my thinking is if people hear of this or it is common to go out of state for cheaper rides, i might make a trek a few hours south to see what is around.

Honda East in Toledo. It's because Michigan sux and Ohio does not.:poke::laugh:

Honda East in Toledo. It's because Michigan sux and Ohio does not.:poke::laugh:

michigan is the worst sh!thole of a state in the united states. it ranks up there with canada, all stated above should be nuked. The only thing michigan has going for it is ted nugent and kid rock, both of which should try to run for governer and turn around this he!! hole lol. there is no michigan love from this kid :lol:

i wish i was getting it that quick, id be all over that like stink on crap, but ive got to get the supercharger and cam done on the car, and try to get this graphics business ive got in the works on its feet, so my time frame is maybe getting something towards the end of this year, or early next year.

michigan is the worst sh!thole of a state in the united states. it ranks up there with canada, all stated above should be nuked. The only thing michigan has going for it is ted nugent and kid rock, both of which should try to run for governer and turn around this he!! hole lol. there is no michigan love from this kid :lol:

i wish i was getting it that quick, id be all over that like stink on crap, but ive got to get the supercharger and cam done on the car, and try to get this graphics business ive got in the works on its feet, so my time frame is maybe getting something towards the end of this year, or early next year.

I hate to argue with you Eric--but the worse is New York---TAX CAPITAL of the USA!:moon:

most states are not going to let you slide on the sales taxes...

IE you do not pay sales tax in OH when you buy a bike and you live out of state.. you will pay sales tax in your home state when you title and license the bike. (true in most states)

Option 2: you pay the sales tax in OH and take the bike home, your home state sales tax is 2% higher? you will pay that additional 2% or what ever the spread is.. (true in most states)

Just something to keep in mind

Cook county Chicago has a 10.25% tax rate.... ouch...

Last edited:
i just puked in my mouth a little bit. i hope durring tax return season they have open brothels for taxpayers:butbut: Thats insane! I mean i have heard of a friends gparents listing a home addy out of state where they have no sales tax, and they bought a ridiculious motorcoach when they sold the house. talk about a way to save and scam the gov't, but seems like saving a hundred bucks to pay it in michigan is pointless. i give michigan enough in tickets and driver responsibility fees to have them not fix the roads

I though that that prosource price had to be about something I have been their and they were very high in price.

dont forget tool time!!

^^^^^hahaha we have a ton of tools in michigan lol. Tool time was great. After tim got popped for his dui, my friend was photographing the grand prix when he used to race for saleen, he made a joke to tim about his car blowing the trans, he said you just wanted to go to tgi fridays and drink a few pitchers. needless to say tim was pissed, then somebody said lighten up you know it was funny, then he laughed and said you got me. Fun times. Dont get me wrong michigans not that bad, once you get past the corn fed fat chicks, the economy, the snow and 2 degree temps, and the sharty state troopers. so that leaves us with.....

i just puked in my mouth a little bit. i hope durring tax return season they have open brothels for taxpayers:butbut: Thats insane! I mean i have heard of a friends gparents listing a home addy out of state where they have no sales tax, and they bought a ridiculious motorcoach when they sold the house. talk about a way to save and scam the gov't, but seems like saving a hundred bucks to pay it in michigan is pointless. i give michigan enough in tickets and driver responsibility fees to have them not fix the roads

OH sales tax is higher than MI. bought mine at Bright. Told them to title it in OH cuz up there they dont have titles for new bikes til they are sold. they didnt do it so i had to pay the difference when i got an ohio title. if all that makes sense, i am a little loopy:laugh:

I use Honda East in Toledo's price and get local dealers to match it. If you have a number you are willing to pay, it is much easier to get them to deal. Just tell them you are willing to drive the 3 hours it takes to get that price but you would rather not.

I want a Gen II so bad.......I can taste it!!!! If it weren't for that damned mortgage thing I have to pay!

Back