cheap wheel chocks for a trailer?

dsbunton646

Registered
hi guys and girls. i have an 08 busa and i hardley ever trailer it because i like to ride it. however, on a recent trip to biketoberfest the stator shut down and wouldnt charge the battery. anyway, i had to trailer it a bit and i was to nervous about the wheel turning. i want a cheap chock i can bolt to my trailer for the rare occasions i may have to trailer it. i have seen several, but my concern is the brake rotor rubbing. any suggestions on which one is best bang for a little buck? not looking to spend a lot on something i probably won't use much.

DSC_0012.jpg

I made one out of scrap 2x4's.

I used 4 inch deck screws to attach it to the trailer.

I have a Pingle like that one & it would be good for limited use. I seldom use mine anymore since I got the Baxley Sport Chock. It is great for storage, maint. etc.

Harbor Freight ones are the way to go if you are on a budget. We hauled ours from Oklahoma to North Carolina and back with no issues.

I built my own out of used lumber too..as cheap as it gets!

if its simply for the rare haul, harbor freight or home grown or whatever should do just fine. if you want something that is truely the best bang for hte buck that can work in any situation AND allow for super secure hauling, get the condor or better yet the baxley sport chok

Definitely more money but can be used every single day you pull into the garage and helps free some room since the bike is always straight up/down and not leaning over :thumbsup:

Call Charles at Street&Track (board sponsor) he can get you squared away on one :beerchug:

btw, LOTS of members use the baxley and I'm sure will chime in and letcha know its really a great deal if you have the funds available

:welcome: to the ORG :beerchug: as well

Last edited:
nice pics B.O.B. thanks for all the info and suggestions. guess i may have to try the harbor freight. since i won't be usining it very much, i just can't see dropping the coin on the more expensive ones. last question, with the chocks installed on a trailer, do you have to ratchet the front end down all the way? i use a canyon dancer and compress the suspension pretty tight. is that ok to do with the hf wheel chock?

nice pics B.O.B. thanks for all the info and suggestions. guess i may have to try the harbor freight. since i won't be usining it very much, i just can't see dropping the coin on the more expensive ones. last question, with the chocks installed on a trailer, do you have to ratchet the front end down all the way? i use a canyon dancer and compress the suspension pretty tight. is that ok to do with the hf wheel chock?

There is no need to tie the front down. Just use two straps for the back and you should be fine. You can tie the front if you want to, but I hate compressing my suspension.

Stand_007.jpg

Last edited:
no way i'd trailor a bike without tieing the front down no matter what kind of chock i get. i guess what i am asking is, would the hf chock handle the pressure of the tie down(compression) from the handle bar to the trailor. it looks less sturdy than the pingel, lockhart type permanent chocks.

no way i'd trailor a bike without tieing the front down no matter what kind of chock i get. i guess what i am asking is, would the hf chock handle the pressure of the tie down(compression) from the handle bar to the trailor. it looks less sturdy than the pingel, lockhart type permanent chocks.

Really? No need with this style however I do tie off the back towards the front.

r8

we don't tie the front down either....we have some D rings in the floor around the middle of the busa (and what ever other bike we have in there) and hook on the back and pull it forward into the chock. I don't have any pics of the bikes tied down but this one shows how we have the rings set up.

100_3180.jpg

Back