Cheap upgrade front brake ?

Cantab

Registered
Is anyone using or tried a 2011 onwards GSXR1000 master cylinder?

Im after a bit more feel and grunt over stock with braided lines.

The yamaha R6's and R1's come factory with a Brembo front brake master cylinder. You can pick 1 up on eBay for less than $100 if your patient. It's a direct swap on a Gen1 busa. I have 1 in mine along with SS brake line. Then you can grab up a set of EBC HH or Xtreme brake pads and that will make a difference but ultimately if you want 1 or 2 finger stop on a dime capability your gonna need to upgrade your calipers as well. I have 65mm Brembo gold line calipers on my busa. Again picked up a nice used set on eBay fairly cheap and a set of conversion brackets

Lucky him I have the zx14r clutch and brake masters sitting in a box. Hoping the new tripple tree they will work as mocked up on my buddies with the same tripple it looked like wouldnt hit.

The yamaha R6's and R1's come factory with a Brembo front brake master cylinder. You can pick 1 up on eBay for less than $100 if your patient. It's a direct swap on a Gen1 busa. I have 1 in mine along with SS brake line. Then you can grab up a set of EBC HH or Xtreme brake pads and that will make a difference but ultimately if you want 1 or 2 finger stop on a dime capability your gonna need to upgrade your calipers as well. I have 65mm Brembo gold line calipers on my busa. Again picked up a nice used set on eBay fairly cheap and a set of conversion brackets

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

I just ordered an R1 (2007) front master cyl ... haven't installed yet.

im looking for better feel as well. I have HEL braided lines already on + HH pads.

If this doesn't work... I'm buying a Brembo 19X 20 front master.

Back