CHEAP solution to 99-2000 fuel pump problems...

Well that was not a welcoming response now was it. "Well this outa be good"
He could have lead with the fact the member has not posted in 4 years. i don't know about you but I know how to welcome someone to a forum and not a smart 5 word response with a laughing on his ass animation. Thats disrespectful Sorry wasn't raise that way. Hello my name is Joel have a 2000 hayabusa that exhibit the same problems discussed on this thread. Here it is

After 20 years on this forum I was waiting for you to get a bit of a friendly ribbing. Doesn't matter what I led with as an' opening response to you,some would have gone their own way.
Steered you towards the new members category...
Asked for pics of your ride etc. Pics are asked for because over the years we have had our share of trolls. Losers who come on here who don't even own a Busa. We've had scammers come on here posting they have a Busa for sale. The pic they chose from the net just happened to be a pic of one of our members rides. Another non-busa owner came on and tried to use The Org as his own personal ghey rights forum. Nothing wrong with ghey or rights...its just that this is a Busa Forum first and foremost. if you feel you know how to join a forum successfully,maybe you should have gone that way.(as you posted above) When you lashed out at my friend you got laid into. We take care of our own here...we are the only ones who are allowed to chuck shi7 at one another...we are a big sometimes disfunctional family,but we are family. There are thousands of examples of this as you look around.
Start out good,you get :welcome: to The Org.
And a request for pics...

Start out like you did...meh.
Is what it is. If you hang around,you'll get fast,awesome help with everything.
Me,I haven't had to pay for intense pschological therapy in years,thats where the "Random Thoughts" forum comes in.
I don't ever apologize...I am after all...
"The Original Site Bastid"
You my "hope-to-be-friend" have stumbled onto one of the best sites on the planet. We take it quite seriously,something we may get laughed at or chastised for. We don't care. Some join,look around,and run screaming for the exit. That is never our intent (well,sometimes it is).

No worries from any of us. Someone will be along with a piece of pie and a nice welcome soon. (inside joke)
Rubb.

Last edited:
Some vehicle forums have little "get togethers" the folks on here do as well.
I have yet to attend a large gathering. 1 of the many downsides to living in Canaduh. :banghead:
Here's some examples of a Family Reunion...Org Style.
The folks call them a Busa Bash.
Rubb.

bb4.JPG

Well that was not a welcoming response now was it. "Well this outa be good"
He could have lead with the fact the member has not posted in 4 years. i don't know about you but I know how to welcome someone to a forum and not a smart 5 word response with a laughing on his ass animation. Thats disrespectful Sorry wasn't raise that way. Hello my name is Joel have a 2000 hayabusa that exhibit the same problems discussed on this thread. Here it is
A lot going on with those pumps from 99-00. I would scrap all the factory stuff and run all new aftermarket pump, fuel pressure regulator, filters and lines. Prob only have about $250 in that. Others might say diff.

You fix the oil leak.

After 20 years on this forum I was waiting for you to get a bit of a friendly ribbing. Doesn't matter what I led with as an' opening response to you,some would have gone their own way.
Steered you towards the new members category...
Asked for pics of your ride etc. Pics are asked for because over the years we have had our share of trolls. Losers who come on here who don't even own a Busa. We've had scammers come on here posting they have a Busa for sale. The pic they chose from the net just happened to be a pic of one of our members rides. Another non-busa owner came on and tried to use The Org as his own personal ghey rights forum. Nothing wrong with ghey or rights...its just that this is a Busa Forum first and foremost. if you feel you know how to join a forum successfully,maybe you should have gone that way.(as you posted above) When you lashed out at my friend you got laid into. We take care of our own here...we are the only ones who are allowed to chuck shi7 at one another...we are a big sometimes disfunctional family,but we are family. There are thousands of examples of this as you look around.
Start out good,you get :welcome: to The Org.
And a request for pics...View attachment 1623028
Start out like you did...meh.
Is what it is. If you hang around,you'll get fast,awesome help with everything.
Me,I haven't had to pay for intense pschological therapy in years,thats where the "Random Thoughts" forum comes in.
I don't ever apologize...I am after all...
"The Original Site Bastid"
You my "hope-to-be-friend" have stumbled onto one of the best sites on the planet. We take it quite seriously,something we may get laughed at or chastised for. We don't care. Some join,look around,and run screaming for the exit. That is never our intent (well,sometimes it is). View attachment 1623029
No worries from any of us. Someone will be along with a piece of pie and a nice welcome soon. (inside joke)
Rubb.
Thanks for the explanation and welcome. Sorry for not introducing the proper way. We all live and learn.

Last edited:
A lot going on with those pumps from 99-00. I would scrap all the factory stuff and run all new aftermarket pump, fuel pressure regulator, filters and lines. Prob only have about $250 in that. Others might say diff.

You fix the oil leak.
I actually took the pump apart and there is a missing O-ring around the insulator. I think the former owner tried to fix it themselves and did not put it back together properly. I have already ordered filters and O-ring. Hopefully I will be taking it around the block this weekend. Have not fix the oil leak yet im trying to get it running first. The leak is not that bad but will need to be addressed before doing a lot of riding.

I actually took the pump apart and there is a missing O-ring around the insulator. I think the former owner tried to fix it themselves and did not put it back together properly. I have already ordered filters and O-ring. Hopefully I will be taking it around the block this weekend. Have not fix the oil leak yet im trying to get it running first. The leak is not that bad but will need to be addressed before doing a lot of riding.
Click HERE We were walking a guy thru his pump issue. He discovered something...post #23.
U might want to have a look-see.
Rubb.

Back