Cheap $$$ performance mods????

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
What other cheap peformance mods are available for the Hayabusa?

Without spending a whole lot of money, yet! What other mods will increase performance (HP/TQ)?

Are the Ram Air seals worth the money($90), and what exactly does it help/do?

What about the Scoops($90) for the front of the bike, worth anything?

Anybody notice a difference with any of these products? Street/Track MPH/ET?:super:

I am just trying to find a few more easy mods before I decide on a Full Exhaust, N2O, or TURBO! I would like to keep the stock gearing also!

Thanks,

Josh

Back to searching! :type:

Actually I don't have any performance mods yet(TRE doesn't count does it?)!

I just bought my second Hayabusa and have a lot of stuff waiting to go on it. I have been waiting for the weather to clear up so I can base line it "factory stock" on the 1/4 mile and dyno. After I get the initial runs in, then I will be putting the usual drag race stuff on it(Links, strap, etc.).

I was going to order the Brock Gen 3 pipe but was thinking about a Hahn Turbo kit. If I decide to go the N/A route then I will do the box mod and Power Commander, etc.

I just can't decide! I have started to do some research on a built motor, 1397 or bigger but haven't been impressed with a lot of the results. For the money, it seems the Turbo is a lot smarter move.

Unless I can keep a built motor not to $$$$$ then I might try some N2O to keep it stock(sleeper) looking!

What do you guys think?

Josh :cool:

P.S. This is a street bike that is taken to the track occasionally so stretching it and all that other stuff is out of the question!

sure a tre helps, one mod i definately suggest is removing your pair valve it really makes a nice difference, adding a couple teeth to your rear sprocket or droping one on the front give some realbang for your buck if you like head snappin takeoffs. turbo is a big jump from cheep mods id suggest a good exaust and pc unit and possably a goot 60hp nos shot ive talked to a couple guys that run turbos and they all say its kinda hard to putt around town in traffic they are meant to run run run but thats justmy two cents, buy the way i love dayton i come out there every year and set up at the tattoo convention for a wekend nice city.

I'll check into doing the PAIR mod. What kind of HP/TQ/ET difference am I looking at? How much weight savings if any?

I don't want to change the gearing unless it is UP for the TURBO!

Anyone recommend any other mods?

Thanks,

Josh

Biggest difference with removing the pair is that it stops the backfiring if yer runnin aftermarket exhaust.
Hp will be  up to 3 but more than likely none at all.
Weight savings is 1.5 lbs.
BDE GEN 3, Yosh cams, pair mod, custom map, small box mod, and BMC or K&N filter will get you around 185 at the rear according to the dyno guru's
Turbo hp starts at around 240......goes to over 350
Stroker 1397cc......around 230+
Nos up to 260+......with a big kit and properly mapped.
Stroker, turbo motor.......hold on death is near. :thumbsup:  :beerchug:

Thanks monsterspeedfreak!

I was just looking at the next few levels of HP! I am a "SPEED FREAK" and get tired of my toys pretty quick. I was just thinking for the money and all, I could dial the BOOST down and then as I get use to it slowly increase the INSANITY!

What is a 1397 drive in and drive out going to cost me? I think that TURBO is looking better and better if I don't kill myself!

Any other recommendations for the bike before a TURBO? Oh and my life insurance is already paid in for $250k!

Let's ROCK!

Thanks monsterspeedfreak!

I was just looking at the next few levels of HP!  I am a "SPEED FREAK" and get tired of my toys pretty quick.  I was just thinking for the money and all, I could dial the BOOST down and then as I get use to it slowly increase the INSANITY!

What is a 1397 drive in and drive out going to cost me?  I think that TURBO is looking better and better if I don't kill myself!

Any other recommendations for the bike before a TURBO?  Oh and my life insurance is already paid in for $250k!

Let's ROCK!  
PM Johnnycheese......he builds modded Busas........he'll be able to tell ya exactly what yer lookin at $$$$ wise for the 1397. :beerchug:

Turbo: even at the lowest boost levels you'll still be looking at around 240 hp

If yer thinkin of goin with the "hairdryer"......I'd make sure ya talk to Johnny before starting any other mods.......he'll save ya money in the long run. :thumbsup:

Later dude.
Bill

Back