cheap performance Mod -- any value here??

Kent.Michaels

Registered
Here's the pic, does this mod do anything.
Please see attached pic.

thanks,

kent.michaels@sbcglobal.net

extreme%20performance%20ebaysmall.jpg

$79 for 40 hp? :rofl:

IMO, most anything you find that promises extreme anything are only going to make your bike faster by reducing weight.. (your $$ from your wallet) RUN FOREST RUN!!

Last edited:
Don't buy it is what mr bogus is saying....he is too super intellecutial at times. :poke:

looks to me to be one of those resister mods for the IAT sensor. On a car, in really hot weather, it actually does give you a few hp by tricking the ecu into thinking the incoming air is around 30 degree(depending on what size resistor is used) and advancing the timing a bit. In weather colder than what the resister is set at, you actually lose power...iether way, as someone already said, you can get a resister at radioshack for pennys if you know which one to use and wanna screw with your engine in such a way.??? I say, buy a programmer from smithbusa and just set the timing exactley where it needs to be the right way.:thumbsup:

It's a scam...those things have been around for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here's the pic, does this mod do anything.
Please see attached pic.

thanks,

kent.michaels@sbcglobal.net

G'day K.M.
like liltroy says, u hook it up to your IAT sensor and it tricks the ECU into performing at a more optimal level !
I have just (about 2 hrs ago) hooked one up on my '99 model (Nitro-X....same thing, different brand) and due to the weather (heavy rain) i only managed to take it for a couple of runs up & down my street.
Initial assessment seems fairly positive.....previous to install, i had a couple of flat spots in low/mid rev range and it seems to have cured them instantly :bowdown: !
I will be taking it out this w/end for a hard 4hr ride (weather pending:please:) to give it a full test....
If you want, I'll get back to you with the results...:thumbsup:

G'day K.M.
like liltroy says, u hook it up to your IAT sensor and it tricks the ECU into performing at a more optimal level !
I have just (about 2 hrs ago) hooked one up on my '99 model (Nitro-X....same thing, different brand) and due to the weather (heavy rain) i only managed to take it for a couple of runs up & down my street.
Initial assessment seems fairly positive.....previous to install, i had a couple of flat spots in low/mid rev range and it seems to have cured them instantly :bowdown: !
I will be taking it out this w/end for a hard 4hr ride (weather pending:please:) to give it a full test....
If you want, I'll get back to you with the results...:thumbsup:

you can't "trick" your ecu to work at an optimal levelall the time.

You can install a resistor to make the sensor see a certain input but the results will not always be optimal

Looks like someone is trying to sell "Snake oil" miracle remedy in a little plastic box in my opinion. :whistle:

Hey, licking the battery terminals before you ride gives you more power too! :rofl:

(Not mocking anyone, just wanted to be humorous)

Do you have a cousin who goes by the name of lord humongus?

Yut Ugghhh

:rofl:

I want to make my previous post absolutely clear...I DO NOT IN ANY WAY CONDONE THE USE OF A RESISTER TO FOOL THE ECU'S READINGS OF THE AIR TEMP!!! This is another one of those sttupid "racers tricks" that I despise so much and anyone who has read my posts should know that I dont have any tolorance for half-assed procedures or parts(aka "racers tricks"). If you're gonna do something, do it right. By fooling your ecu with this resister you're essentially taking away the ability of your ecu to optimise timing and fuel based on air temp...so you're actually doing more harm than good. Yea, you may pick up a bit more hp on a really hot day...but you may also let your engine detonate itself to death with too much timing AND you're most definately going to be killing power and fuel economy on colder days. Just something to think about. There are som monay other ways out there to get more power and more safley for just a tiny bit more money...why risk it????

Back