Cheap HP

discreet007

Registered
This is my first Busa. I am used to the liter class racebikes. What are people doing to lighten these things. I am getting the Akrapovic race system, but that is all I know. The only other mod I guess would be the rims. That would be about $1500.

Any suggestions?
Websites?

You can put on a lighter weight chain, aluminum rear sprocket, go to one front rotor (not recommended), magnesium wheels, lighter footpegs (at least drop the weights), fill tires with helium (ask Brennanop), eat more sushi and less burgers...?

fill tires with helium (ask Brennanop), eat more sushi and less burgers...?
Hehehehehe!! not a whole lot you can do. Once oy uput the exhaust on get rid of the Pair unit,take the weights off of the pegs,other than that it's going to get real expensive. Changing the exhaust and the rest will mke a noticable difference.

Custom titanium parts! by replacing most of the steel parts on my buddies bike he has shed nearly 8lbs and counting...........Not cheap though! He has his own machine shop.

I would love to know more about the titanium parts. I have a good friend who owns a machine shop. I won't be able to do this stuff overnight, but I can make a plan and do little by little till she weighs 400 dry. ( Hey, I can dream can't I)

Weigts on the pegs, you're joking right?

I saw the OZ wheels. They are 5lbs lighter per wheel. It's about $1500. That will be next years Xmas present to me. This year it was a Busa.

I ordered the race Akrapovic with carbon can. (won't burn the wife) Dealer is getting it to me for $800 plus shipping. I didn't know the exhaust weighed 32 lbs. I am searching every single site I can find and reading up on the Busa. Does anyone know where I can read about the Graves Formula Extreme Busa. I can't find it anywhere.

You can put on a lighter weight chain, aluminum rear sprocket, go to one front rotor (not recommended), magnesium wheels, lighter footpegs (at least drop the weights), fill tires with helium (ask Brennanop), eat more sushi and less burgers...?
Be careful of Alum. chain and sprocket. This is good but depends on your HP. It could eat it up and spit it out once you start getting 195hp and up.

if you really want to lighten up the Busa, you cna go carbon fiber. Now that is light and very expensive. Carbon fiber wheels are about $1500 each or more (DyMag) Tank fenders and side panels, you would be spending more on the lighness then you would increasing the motor.

Oh, so I should shed that winter weight? I knew I could lighten the Busa somehow. Now, anyone know any great diets?

Great diet? First off let me say the 20 lbs I lost in the spring has slowly managed to grow back. This is the best advice for myself also. Stay out of the Christmas left overs!!!! No more cookies. Don't eat for 3 hours before you go to bed. No sodas, beer, potato chips or fast food. Boneless skinless chicken brests, 90% lean ground beef. Cut back on your carbs. Lots of vegetables, watch which veggies you eat also. I.E. carrots are full of sugar. Cut back on your portions, just because they put the house in front of me doesn't mean I have to eat it. Yes, I've tried. A half of a loaf of bread (toast) and a half gallon of milk is not the best breakfast.

And the number one thing...... Excersize!!! For me that means when I get up in the morning do more than go sit in front of the TV. (I work evenings) Weights, aerobics, walk, organized sports, carry a 10 lb dumbell around with you every where you go.

I have about 25+ to loose before spring gets here..... again. I'm sure if I can quit putting fist full of food in my mouth every time I open it, I'll do just fine.

Steve

Damit Steve!! if your gonna ruin it and take out all the good food, at least leave in a beer or two!

all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Here is a website with some weight savings also.
http://www.pro-libertate.com/busa/Weight/weight.html

Beer... Nasty stuff. I had a friend who's family sold wheat to A.B. One of his favorite things was running down ground hawgs with the combines. Besides it's an aquired taste. I never aquired it. So that is very easy for me to say.

I'll give you a "secret" recipt. Go to your local "old time community" find a spice shop. Pick up a bbq powder or rub. Use this on the chicken breasts or trimmed pork chops. Layer it on heavy. Put in the oven in a Pampered Cheff type stone baking pan. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the meat. Serve with green beans spiced with garlic salt, seasoning pepper, and some real bacon bits, or beaf jerky. A nice tall glass of ice water, and you are set. Just don't do what I've been doing and have 2 or 3 pieces of meat. I always make enough for leftovers. It seems like I also only get one lunch out of a batch.

Vegetable soup is good also. 2 cans of all your favorite veggies, drained. Place in a crock pot with either lean beaf, or my favorite Dear (if you are going to use dear burger make sure it hasn't been cut with pork fat). Let cook all day, and come home to an excellent meal. Espically in the winter months.

It's all good!! That may be why I've put the weight back on.

Later,

Steve

One could replace all the buttonhead screws that hold the fairing on...with aluminum..plus there are some ti bolts and stuff...little bit here and there.

I just went to Yoyodyne.com

Get this $900 for the carbon fiber bodywork

$3000 for a turbo. Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm. I think I need both. Where is that lottery ticket?

Back