Cheap engine stand

Bigboy Busa2

Registered
Bought the stand at harbor freight. Under $50. Wanted stand for new motor and improvised on one I seen for$100. Yes it's an old 3/8 extension I had beat on and it worked perfect. Nylon strip at bottom to cusion the case. I used the plate that came with it as you see and the size was perfect. Just took motor off stand so I painted
1210181836_HDR.jpg

1210181836a_HDR.jpg

1210181836.jpg

Bought the stand at harbor freight. Under $50. Wanted stand for new motor and improvised on one I seen for$100. Yes it's an old 3/8 extension I had beat on and it worked perfect. Nylon strip at bottom to cusion the case. I used the plate that came with it as you see and the size was perfect. Just took motor off stand so I painted

View attachment 1604600

View attachment 1604601

View attachment 1604602
This is so cool!! You’ve inspired me to make me one!

something like that is only useful for working on the head or block or possibly for dismantling the oil pan on motorcycle engines.

but if the gearbox/transm. is the goal of a work, the only thing - 4 head down - that helps is a stand analogous to the one I'm showing here (for head up).

a bit of angle and flat steel, a few thicker screws and a welder and the stand is done.

Back