Charlottesville, Virginia Well I Will Start The Conversation.

I'm late to this show. 98% of it happened while I was on vacation. So I can sort of come after things have cycled a few days in the news.

So a few questions to pose.

If blacks organize a peaceful protest and whites that were opposed to their cause showed up with clubs, who would we be saying is in the wrong?

I think part of the problem has become, we are being forced to accept that the blacks can do about anything they want now, and it seems to get championed by the press.

How about if the whites are offended by MLK statutes. Should we expect them to come down or we will start looting and burning until they do?

I'm old enough to remember a few relative things. When I was 5, I watched a cross get burned in our front yard. I didn't understand what or why it was happening. My dad finally tried to explain to me that because we knew the lead FBI agent that was going after the killers of the civil rights workers in Ms., we were now considered part of the KKKs hit list of who to hate.

I left Ms. at 16. Hated the racism I was forced to live with. It was truly horrible. On both sides. That same FBI agent was arresting black panthers for raping white women. Come to find out that this was part of the initiation rights to get into the BPs back then. You couldn't get in until you could prove you raped a white woman. The younger, the better. Perhaps the BPs have moderated over time and become more politically astute since then. But for me, because that is their history and they choose to carry that Black Panther namesake, I will always hate them for not trying to rid themselves of that past. Just like the letters KKK.

Ive seen the world almost twice now. Every country has racial bias. Its going to be a fact of life I'm afraid. But nowhere in the world have I seen a group of people get entitled, given preferential treatment to, laws passed to promote them based on skin color, than I do in the U.S. And still it isn't going to be enough in the eyes of some of the blacks.

We have many ethnic groups here. I have traced my family back to both France and England. Nowhere in our family history have we had slaves, worked with slaves, used slaves, abused slaves or any facsimile of any aspect of slavery. So I have no connection to nor support any aspects of why we should be expected to pay some price for that chapter in American history. We were placed in the south for my dads work. We had no racial bias and I was raised with none. All of my best play pals growing up were dirt poor black children. I didn't care, they were my best buddies.

I will agree with former president Obama when he says we are not born hating a skin color. That part I agree with. And while some are taught to hate by our families or friends or groups we are around, some of us learn to hate by watching the actions of others.

Nowhere did I see the media relentlessly assault former Pres. Obama when he didn't do enough to speak out about the riots in Ferguson, (or insert any of the long list here). He would come on make a general "this is horrible 4 minute statement" and that was the last we have heard of it. Now it seems that the media will craft what a president is to say whether or not its how he feels.

Where was that media when Obama stood by and did not much at all as they looted and burned (insert location here).

We will begin to learn to hate by the actions of others, and inactions towards others, rather than be taught by our own how to.

I hate the KKK. I hate Neo Nazis. And BPs and Sharpton and etc. I hate racism. But I am learning that people reach a point of bias due to exposures and actions of others as much as being told how they are supposed to feel towards a specific group. In Wisconsin they are biased against the Laotions that have settled into the areas there. They call them Mungs I believe. I've never met a Laotian so I have no concept of bias towards them. That hatred has been created in that geography for reason I have no concept of.

There is a southern culture, a southern history, a southern story. If we attempt to take it away then the southerners who are losing it have a right to argue, just like the blacks, that their beliefs and cultures are part of what makes them up and should be allowed to riot in order to preserve that culture. Doesn't mean they wish to be slave owning racist. The racist should be held accountable, on BOTH sides.

I was recently entertained by a comedian named Kivi Rogers. He told Black humor, White humor, Asian humor. He grew up in a family of 7 kids. His dad was an occasional member of his life. He grew up in the projects. He openly states a stereotypical black family of his time. He is not angry. He is not mad at anyone. Part of his show was that he championed the cause of we have had enough of political correctness. Its killing our country. He was a proud black man that can send a good message of that pride, without making me feel like I was going to have to lock my doors afterwords.

Its not the message we need to be enraged by, its the delivery of that message that we need to work on.

I have these conversations. Most recently with my neighbor around the corner. He is a retired Oncologist. Happens to be black. Grew up and made his living in Ms and Ala. He isn't complaining about how he and his family have done. He's quite proud to have accomplished what he has. As he should be. His children all work, they all have good jobs. They are all polite and a productive part of the American process. Maybe its his age, or his economic security, or whatever. Yes he was subjected to some unneeded and unnecessary discrimination along the way. But he isn't mad at the white population as a whole.

So we can have these conversations. Civilly, with respect and admiration for each side of the argument.

Our president, like him or not, got elected by tapping into some very frustrated and disenfranchised whites. He did the same thing Obama did, he just did it to the other race. If they like how he feels, he will be re-elected. If they don't he won't.

And as an interesting Post Script. I recently saw a quote credited to athlete Charles Barkley whereby he said (paraphrasing from memory) " The majority of us blacks have been voting Democrat for 50 years. The majority of us were poor then and the majority of us are poor now."

Pretty interesting coming from a what I'd consider a vocal black man.

Last edited:
I'm late to this show. 98% of it happened while I was on vacation. So I can sort of come after things have cycled a few days in the news.

So a few questions to pose.

If blacks organize a peaceful protest and whites that were opposed to their cause showed up with clubs, who would we be saying is in the wrong?

I think part of the problem has become, we are being forced to accept that the blacks can do about anything they want now, and it seems to get championed by the press.

How about if the whites are offended by MLK statutes. Should we expect them to come down or we will start looting and burning until they do?

I'm old enough to remember a few relative things. When I was 5, I watched a cross get burned in our front yard. I didn't understand what or why it was happening. My dad finally tried to explain to me that because we knew the lead FBI agent that was going after the killers of the civil rights workers in Ms., we were now considered part of the KKKs hit list of who to hate.

I left Ms. at 16. Hated the racism I was forced to live with. It was truly horrible. On both sides. That same FBI agent was arresting black panthers for raping white women. Come to find out that this was part of the initiation rights to get into the BPs back then. You couldn't get in until you could prove you raped a white woman. The younger, the better. Perhaps the BPs have moderated over time and become more politically astute since then. But for me, because that is their history and they choose to carry that Black Panther namesake, I will always hate them for not trying to rid themselves of that past. Just like the letters KKK.

Ive seen the world almost twice now. Every country has racial bias. Its going to be a fact of life I'm afraid. But nowhere in the world have I seen a group of people get entitled, given preferential treatment to, laws passed to promote them based on skin color, than I do in the U.S. And still it isn't going to be enough in the eyes of some of the blacks.

We have many ethnic groups here. I have traced my family back to both France and England. Nowhere in our family history have we had slaves, worked with slaves, used slaves, abused slaves or any facsimile of any aspect of slavery. So I have no connection to nor support any aspects of why we should be expected to pay some price for that chapter in American history. We were placed in the south for my dads work. We had no racial bias and I was raised with none. All of my best play pals growing up were dirt poor black children. I didn't care, they were my best buddies.

I will agree with former president Obama when he says we are not born hating a skin color. That part I agree with. And while some are taught to hate by our families or friends or groups we are around, some of us learn to hate by watching the actions of others.

Nowhere did I see the media relentlessly assault former Pres. Obama when he didn't do enough to speak out about the riots in Ferguson, (or insert any of the long list here). He would come on make a general "this is horrible 4 minute statement" and that was the last we have heard of it. Now it seems that the media will craft what a president is to say whether or not its how he feels.

Where was that media when Obama stood by and did not much at all as they looted and burned (insert location here).

We will begin to learn to hate by the actions of others, and inactions towards others, rather than be taught by our own how to.

I hate the KKK. I hate Neo Nazis. And BPs and Sharpton and etc. I hate racism. But I am learning that people reach a point of bias due to exposures and actions of others as much as being told how they are supposed to feel towards a specific group. In Wisconsin they are biased against the Laotions that have settled into the areas there. They call them Mungs I believe. I've never met a Laotian so I have no concept of bias towards them. That hatred has been created in that geography for reason I have no concept of.

There is a southern culture, a southern history, a southern story. If we attempt to take it away then the southerners who are losing it have a right to argue, just like the blacks, that their beliefs and cultures are part of what makes them up and should be allowed to riot in order to preserve that culture. Doesn't mean they wish to be slave owning racist. The racist should be held accountable, on BOTH sides.

I was recently entertained by a comedian named Kivi Rogers. He told Black humor, White humor, Asian humor. He grew up in a family of 7 kids. His dad was an occasional member of his life. He grew up in the projects. He openly states a stereotypical black family of his time. He is not angry. He is not mad at anyone. Part of his show was that he championed the cause of we have had enough of political correctness. Its killing our country. He was a proud black man that can send a good message of that pride, without making me feel like I was going to have to lock my doors afterwords.

Its not the message we need to be enraged by, its the delivery of that message that we need to work on.

I have these conversations. Most recently with my neighbor around the corner. He is a retired Oncologist. Happens to be black. Grew up and made his living in Ms and Ala. He isn't complaining about how he and his family have done. He's quite proud to have accomplished what he has. As he should be. His children all work, they all have good jobs. They are all polite and a productive part of the American process. Maybe its his age, or his economic security, or whatever. Yes he was subjected to some unneeded and unnecessary discrimination along the way. But he isn't mad at the white population as a whole.

So we can have these conversations. Civilly, with respect and admiration for each side of the argument.

Our president, like him or not, got elected by tapping into some very frustrated and disenfranchised whites. He did the same thing Obama did, he just did it to the other race. If they like how he feels, he will be re-elected. If they don't he won't.

And as an interesting Post Script. I recently saw a quote credited to athlete Charles Barkley whereby he said (paraphrasing from memory) " The majority of us blacks have been voting Democrat for 50 years. The majority of us were poor then and the majority of us are poor now."

Pretty interesting coming from a what I'd consider a vocal black man.
Well said sir.

4kZD8jW.jpg

TallTom,

Q: If blacks organize a peaceful protest and whites that were opposed to their cause showed up with clubs, who would we be saying is in the wrong?
Response: Most of the people protesting against the KKK & Nazis were whites. Frankly, this isn't a black/white issue. Most of the protesters in BLM have been white. They had 33 BLM protesters arrested in Richmond VA last year I think, most if not all were white. Peaceful? Didn't they drive a car into the crowd?

Q: I think part of the problem has become, we are being forced to accept that the blacks can do about anything they want now, and it seems to get championed by the press.
Response: Are you on opioids or something? Whites get by with so much stuff it's crazy.

Q: How about if the whites are offended by MLK statutes. Should we expect them to come down or we will start looting and burning until they do?
Response: Last time I checked MLK was not a traitor who fought against this country.

I left Ms. at 16. Hated the racism I was forced to live with. It was truly horrible. On both sides. That same FBI agent was arresting black panthers for raping white women. Come to find out that this was part of the initiation rights to get into the BPs back then. You couldn't get in until you could prove you raped a white woman. The younger, the better. Perhaps the BPs have moderated over time and become more politically astute since then. But for me, because that is their history and they choose to carry that Black Panther namesake, I will always hate them for not trying to rid themselves of that past. Just like the letters KKK. Going to call BS on this one. What are your sources? I personally knew several BP's and they were great people. Many fought in Vietnam. They were a response to violence against minorities. MLK was preaching passive resistance and there were many Blacks who could not bring themselves to not respond to attacks. They actually still exist today but in a much less organized form.

I have these conversations. Most recently with my neighbor around the corner. He is a retired Oncologist. Happens to be black. Grew up and made his living in Ms and Ala. He isn't complaining about how he and his family have done. He's quite proud to have accomplished what he has. As he should be. His children all work, they all have good jobs. They are all polite and a productive part of the American process. Maybe its his age, or his economic security, or whatever. Yes he was subjected to some unneeded and unnecessary discrimination along the way. But he isn't mad at the white population as a whole. Here's something to think about: If he was pissed at all white people, do you think he would have let on to you? What do you think he says when he is with his people?

Our president, like him or not, got elected by tapping into some very frustrated and disenfranchised whites. He did the same thing Obama did, he just did it to the other race. If they like how he feels, he will be re-elected. If they don't he won't. Two things that completely fascinate me in these conversations: 1.) Obama got more than 60% of the black, Hispanic, Asian, young and educated white voters. Yet people just can't understand that most Americans voted for Obama, not just Blacks. Most Americans approve of Obama, more than 55% when he left office. Again this is not a black white issue, it's a majority of Americans vs a minority of Americans issue. 2) Why do you guys have so much trouble with the concept of moral equivalency (rhetorical question, Lol)?

You can call BS all you want. Look up Pamela Starling, Meridian, Ms. Gonna be about 1968 timeframe. Rape and attempted murder. She was 12. He got life, because she didn't actually die. It was part of testimony. Should be searchable. Look it up in either legal records of the Meridian Star archives. That's when I started to learn firsthand as a child from the LEO community that this was the initiation requirements. Maybe they were brainwashing me, but that case is real. I'm 8 at that time. Why he was not lynched and killed is due to the DOJ making sure he got due process. Had they not, he would have been swinging from a tree

You can try and say this isn't about race, but as soon as the Word White or Black get attached to an event, it becomes about race. Won't be a stretch if the word Southern gets attached to an event it will be considered about race. If you don't want it to be about race don't call it Black Lives Matter. All Lives Matter. And I will concede to you that there are a segment of whites that will help bolster movements like BLM etc. Doesn't make them anti white or pro Black, it just means they support a position. I completely support cleaning up the cops outrageous actions. I just don't think BLM will accomplish that.

No doubt about it, when Obama left office there were less voting whites than there are now. While I may not approve of him, DT has caused the largest in flux of white voters than any Republican predecessor for probably 30 years.

They just gave up on leadership and became a large seething mass of ignored people. Trump like him or not, activated them. While I don't like it, the fact is the Republican party owes him this newfound following. They should let thier voters speak. Instead of trying to do the sweep them under the rug and negate them routine. That will force them to do more stupid things.

If and I'm saying IF, they are the new Republican majority speaking, we need to let them be heard.

They have been out of work, ignored, the term disenfranchised fits. Much like many blacks we're when Obama ran and won by getting thier vote.

They don't want to be associated with Democrats. He brilliantly woke them up.

And no I don't know what my neighbors say when I'm not around. Which is part of the dialog problem. If we can't trust that we are being honest in our conversations, then what's the point in trying to bridge the gap of differences? I support MLK and the means by which he accomplished them. Civil mass organization with legal non violent demonstrations. I will say that to your face and behind your back.

Demographically the WASP population is going to become a minority in the U.S. I for one hope that we then get all the same minority privelages afforded to your group.

But I won't hold my breath on that one.

Taking down Southern statues will do nothing to help race relations. Quite the opposite is what I will venture to guess.

Taking them down may politicize it. But as your people fight to have your culture recognized, so will they. They have had a lot shoved down thier throats since the 60s. Some of it warranted.

Some not.

DT has handled much poorly at this stage. But like it or not they champion him now. And if they organize and are a majority, it won't do any of us any good to tell them to go away. They will just go out of thier way to quietly try and find a way to do it underground.

I have ZERO problem with moral equivalency. So are we going to assert that BLM is more moral than the KKK?

I think you have hit the nail squarely. There is a morality problem.

TallTom,

Q: If blacks organize a peaceful protest and whites that were opposed to their cause showed up with clubs, who would we be saying is in the wrong?
Response: Most of the people protesting against the KKK & Nazis were whites. Frankly, this isn't a black/white issue. Most of the protesters in BLM have been white. They had 33 BLM protesters arrested in Richmond VA last year I think, most if not all were white. Peaceful? Didn't they drive a car into the crowd?

Q: I think part of the problem has become, we are being forced to accept that the blacks can do about anything they want now, and it seems to get championed by the press.
Response: Are you on opioids or something? Whites get by with so much stuff it's crazy.

Q: How about if the whites are offended by MLK statutes. Should we expect them to come down or we will start looting and burning until they do?
Response: Last time I checked MLK was not a traitor who fought against this country.

I left Ms. at 16. Hated the racism I was forced to live with. It was truly horrible. On both sides. That same FBI agent was arresting black panthers for raping white women. Come to find out that this was part of the initiation rights to get into the BPs back then. You couldn't get in until you could prove you raped a white woman. The younger, the better. Perhaps the BPs have moderated over time and become more politically astute since then. But for me, because that is their history and they choose to carry that Black Panther namesake, I will always hate them for not trying to rid themselves of that past. Just like the letters KKK. Going to call BS on this one. What are your sources? I personally knew several BP's and they were great people. Many fought in Vietnam. They were a response to violence against minorities. MLK was preaching passive resistance and there were many Blacks who could not bring themselves to not respond to attacks. They actually still exist today but in a much less organized form.

I have these conversations. Most recently with my neighbor around the corner. He is a retired Oncologist. Happens to be black. Grew up and made his living in Ms and Ala. He isn't complaining about how he and his family have done. He's quite proud to have accomplished what he has. As he should be. His children all work, they all have good jobs. They are all polite and a productive part of the American process. Maybe its his age, or his economic security, or whatever. Yes he was subjected to some unneeded and unnecessary discrimination along the way. But he isn't mad at the white population as a whole. Here's something to think about: If he was pissed at all white people, do you think he would have let on to you? What do you think he says when he is with his people?

Our president, like him or not, got elected by tapping into some very frustrated and disenfranchised whites. He did the same thing Obama did, he just did it to the other race. If they like how he feels, he will be re-elected. If they don't he won't. Two things that completely fascinate me in these conversations: 1.) Obama got more than 60% of the black, Hispanic, Asian, young and educated white voters. Yet people just can't understand that most Americans voted for Obama, not just Blacks. Most Americans approve of Obama, more than 55% when he left office. Again this is not a black white issue, it's a majority of Americans vs a minority of Americans issue. 2) Why do you guys have so much trouble with the concept of moral equivalency (rhetorical question, Lol)?
Arch, I found valuable nuggets in your thoughts as well as Tom's, along with many of the other comments on this thread. I think every side of this position has validity and I don't by any stretch of the imagination claim to have the answers as I haven't been affected by any of it either way. However, I do want to pose one question to you and any others who care to chime in ; while you are correct that MLK was not a traitor, nor was he a violent man, the problem I have with this whole issue is that it seems as though people are offended by pretty much anything anymore. Are we, as a country, going to allow our history and therefore our future to be dictated by "feelings"? If we go down that path, where does it end?

^^^^^^^
Arch, I found valuable nuggets in your thoughts as well as Tom's, along with many of the other comments on this thread. I think every side of this position has validity and I don't by any stretch of the imagination claim to have the answers as I haven't been affected by any of it either way. However, I do want to pose one question to you and any others who care to chime in ; while you are correct that MLK was not a traitor, nor was he a violent man, the problem I have with this whole issue is that it seems as though people are offended by pretty much anything anymore. Are we, as a country, going to allow our history and therefore our future to be dictated by "feelings"? If we go down that path, where does it end?

Short answer to the second last sentence and the last sentence is we are allowing our country to slip down a steep slope fast. Away from being a world leader. Do your homework and reference what the whole first world overseas are thinking about America right now. It is truly sad and sliding fast. Where does it end? The Dollar being removed from being an international reserve currency, the exchanges dropping worse than what we saw in the 1930's and a whole lot of folks not being able to put food on the table.

It has nothing to do with dictating our future to feelings. It has to do with allowing hate groups to protest even if they arrive at these protests with clubs, shields and guns. (No other country in the world will tolerate this kind of behavior) It has to do with a media who makes it impossible for any president to be able to be effective, due to disrespect. It has to do with the people who mostly have a culture of entitlement and no respect for authority whatsoever.

Do some reference and see what every other civilized country thinks about white supremacists and the fact that any march such as that in Chancellorsville will never be allowed or tolerated. Even our neighbor Canada, is frowning severely, while Europe and the rest of the world are starting to figure out how to get by without the USA.

I'm on my phone so I can't quite a post. But I will chime in to add to the enititlement post, that I have an aunt who is on her third generation of entitlements. Her and all the way the her grandchildren are all happily living on assistance. They have learned to suck the entitlements from the state as a lifestyle. The family has disowned the whole line of white trash they are.

So before you feel we think it about race, it's about what seems to be the difference between what we feel is right and what they do.

So yes there is a morality divide there.

I like all the veiws in this conversation.
Like minded people, all veiwing life from their own perspective.
Can't we all just get along?
No. Haven't been able to in thousands of years.
Evil will exhist until the end of this world.
The answer to it all was already posted.
Morality.
Society has little of it, and for many reasons.

Let's put it this way. If I was a very kind man and I would allow them to protest in my backyard, I would first review their agenda and conduct. If I believed the content would compromise public safety, I will no longer allow the protest. And trust me, where I come from we know how to deal with illegal protests swiftly.

Big difference: Your backyard is private property, and the other is public property, paid for and to be used by ALL citizens to express their constitutional rights. But even private property appears not sacred anymore...if you saw the video of the woman who stopped in the man's driveway who was flying a swastika flag on his house...Again the issue becomes, WHO decides what is 'hate' and what isn't. The left is trying to label anyone who disagrees as 'hate'.

They hate black people because they exist. So I'm sort a part of the problem whether I want to be or not. Read up on your history. Ignoring these people won't make them go away...........

Guess what? I agree with you, which is why I don't give a rat's ass about the KKK. They can go make their stupid PEACEFUL marches, people look at them with a mix of pity, dislike and humor - and they go on their way. No, they won't go away, but they are irrelevant, and IGNORING them is what keeps them irrelevant. However, when they are attacked, it only encourages people to consider joining their cause.

However, there is a liberal movement to label ANYONE who disagrees with the socialist agenda as a "HATER". Plenty of people, myself included, do not agree with the KKK, but also don't agree with removing these statues - yet somehow what makes me a 'hater', and therefore 'acceptable' to commit violence towards, because of my opinion, NOT my actions. No, that makes me a student of history. Those who fail to study it are doomed to repeat it. This is all being done to stir up crap. I sincerely doubt most black people gave a second look at the Lee statue until someone TOLD them that it was intolerable. There will always be someone offended over something; some of them need to grow the hell up and zip up their __. There's plenty that offends me, but that does not give me leave to go assault it...

I don't agree with the KKK's rhetoric. I don't agree with the Occupy, Antifa's or BLM's rhetoric either. Both are equally stupid. But I signed the dotted line and served 26 years to defend their right to peacefully express it. So anyone who wants to label me can kiss my lilly white tailpiece. And I'm not too old to defend it again...

Antifa and BLM was and has been the aggressor in EVERY SINGLE ONE these incidents. EVERY SINGLE Trump rally, EVER SINGLE protest from the Right ("alt-right" or not). The fights at the DNC over Bernie were between competing LEFTISTS. The only reason there aren't more of them DEAD is because of RESTRAINT on the adult side of the street...however, I fear that, sooner or later, someone is going to get sick and tired of it, and they are gonna fight back with something stronger than a rock. I don't really want a piece of the mindless drone on the street, but I'd give a arm or a leg to get my hands on WHO is REALLY behind this...and anyone who comes for me had better eat their wheaties first...

Last edited:
Big difference: Your backyard is private property, and the other is public property, paid for and to be used by ALL citizens to express their constitutional rights. But even private property appears not sacred anymore...if you saw the video of the woman who stopped in the man's driveway who was flying a swastika flag on his house...Again the issue becomes, WHO decides what is 'hate' and what isn't. The left is trying to label anyone who disagrees as 'hate'.
That is where you and I differ. I don't believe I am entitled to use public property as I wish under the auspices of constitutional rights. I believe using public property is a privilege, and will not do things which may offend others upon it.

Not saying you are wrong and I am right. We just look at this differently with different values even though I respect yours.

Here is an interesting perspective from a German American:

Last edited:
Private property isn't as private as it should be. If I owned a building and decided to open a private club, I should be entitled to determine who I do and don't allow in it. Except when it comes to blacks. Even though it may be my private property and a private club, we somehow now can't exclude them if we chose to.

So private property ownership has been chipped away at.

If I enter a restaurant and there is a sign that says "We have a right to refuse service to anyone we choose", that should be pretty easy to understand.

Not so much anymore. They get sued for exlcuding. And nowhere are they given the chance to express why they choose to exclude. It's simply not thier right anymore.

I have watched high end malls get riddled with loitering groups of people that are there for no other purpose than to loiter.

Can't get rid of them. So stores leave and go elsewhere.

They follow and repeat the process. Malls turn into ghost towns.

Not that we have Amazon etc., I think they days of shopping malls are over.

So far we still have the right to tell someone they are tresspassing, on our home property. I'm sure that will get taken away if we keep sitting back and get slowly absorbed into the political flow of the river.

Private property isn't as private as it should be. If I owned a building and decided to open a private club, I should be entitled to determine who I do and don't allow in it. Except when it comes to blacks. Even though it may be my private property and a private club, we somehow now can't exclude them if we chose to.

So private property ownership has been chipped away at.

If I enter a restaurant and there is a sign that says "We have a right to refuse service to anyone we choose", that should be pretty easy to understand.

Not so much anymore. They get sued for exlcuding. And nowhere are they given the chance to express why they choose to exclude. It's simply not thier right anymore.

I have watched high end malls get riddled with loitering groups of people that are there for no other purpose than to loiter.

Can't get rid of them. So stores leave and go elsewhere.

They follow and repeat the process. Malls turn into ghost towns.

Not that we have Amazon etc., I think they days of shopping malls are over.

So far we still have the right to tell someone they are tresspassing, on our home property. I'm sure that will get taken away if we keep sitting back and get slowly absorbed into the political flow of the river.

Agree. Private property means private property, as long as you aren't hiding behind it to either a) hurt someone else or b) prevent them from leaving.
That is where you and I differ. I don't believe I am entitled to use public property as I wish under the auspices of constitutional rights. I believe using public property is a privilege, and will not do things which may offend others upon it.

Not saying you are wrong and I am right. We just look at this differently with different values even though I respect yours.

Here is an interesting perspective from a German American:

Not saying I'd use public property to make an ass of myself either...but I retain equal right to do so as those numbnuts....just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Agree. Private property means private property, as long as you aren't hiding behind it to either a) hurt someone else or b) prevent them from leaving.

Not saying I'd use public property to make an ass of myself either...but I retain equal right to do so as those numbnuts....just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

In your opinion, is it the right thing to respect the 1st and 4th amendments if absolute common sense shows that a hate group and their counter-protesters arriving with clubs and shields, will lead to violence, loss of life and public disruption? In short is freedom more important than life, public safety and law and order? Do you believe most other civilized countries who will not tolerate or allow a white supremacist group to protest and allow protesters to walk the streets armed are wrong?

What Arnold left out when he said stay away from anyone flying a Neo Nazi flag at a demonstration, he should have added to stay away from any counter demonstrators that are carrying clubs, weapons etc. Guilt by association. ON BOTH SIDES!

"In your opinion, is it the right thing to respect the 1st and 4th amendments if absolute common sense shows that a hate group and their counter-protesters arriving with clubs and shields, will lead to violence, loss of life and public disruption? In short is freedom more important than life, public safety and law and order? Do you believe most other civilized countries who will not tolerate or allow a white supremacist group to protest and allow protesters to walk the streets armed are wrong?"

If its OK for a radical black group to be heard, then its alright for a radical white group to be heard. If the blacks do so with looting and violence and total lack of respect, then the equally stupid whites should have the same privilege. Yet it doesn't appear as though they are being treated the same by the press or the politics. And so be it, much like the 60s in civil rights marches and the 70s with Vietnam marches, either the politicians will listen or change will come the hard way.

You are in a country who was founded on and has its constitution written to insure freedoms EQUALLY! Its what makes us hated by some and loved by others. If some groups are allowed to be radically stupid, then they should not be appalled when its met with the equal radically stupid.

It was also founded by Christian guidelines. And while I'm not Christian I completely understand that that is the prevailing wind of the country I live in. It isn't my place to make them see it my way. Its my place to understand that those values are what are still held on to by many. Making them go away through Political pressure, is the reason we revolted in the first place.

You know, I have so many things I keep wanting to discuss, but in the end, all I see (not here, but in the country overall) is hate everywhere.

Below is to remind everyone that hate comes from ALL SIDES, and there is definitely an emboldened shift in our country post-election that is like no other. I know that had these things been said by a Senator during President Obama's tenure, it would be the most talked about and controversial topic around every social media site and water cooler today.

My hope for any future marches of ANY hate group is that no one bothers to show up in retaliation. They can all stare at each other and wonder why they even bothered to march to begin with. Eventually they'll go back to the hole they crawled out of. Hate groups have existed since the beginning of time; can't imagine that will change, ever. We're not going to change it here. Only thing we can change is how we live our own lives and treat one another.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-for-her-resignation/?utm_term=.cc5898f0c66e

Last edited:
Back