Charging system power..???

2quik

Donating Member
Registered
Iwas wondering ir anyone knows the output of the busa's charging system as i wanted to add some extra driving lights and the Service Manual does not tell you ..Thanks ...

since the busa starter is delicate I would be cautious about running the battery down......starting the busa with a low battery could cause major damage

since the busa starter is delicate I would be cautious about running the battery down......starting the busa with a low battery could cause major damage
i was looking to see if it is safe to add driving lights to the busa while i'm highway driving at night ...wanted to know if output was enough so i would not run down the batt.

HID is hard on the system and that is why people that drag busa with HID have seperate switches to kill the headlights on the frequent short runs and starts. I think that you would be okay to add some lights as long as they were not to intense.

HID is hard on the system and that is why people that drag busa with HID have seperate switches to kill the headlights on the frequent short runs and starts.  I think that you would be okay to add some lights as long as they were not to intense.
actually HID lights draw LESS power than stock, regular, bulbs.
the reason why they turn them off and keep them from turning on and off is bec its bad for the HID igniter.

<!--EDIT|SPEEDEMON
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140142985 -->

HID is hard on the system and that is why people that drag busa with HID have seperate switches to kill the headlights on the frequent short runs and starts.  I think that you would be okay to add some lights as long as they were not to intense.
the reason why they turn them off and keep them from turning on and off is bec its bad for the HID igniter.
+1 HID does draw less than the stock light
biggrin.gif

HID is hard on the system ....
forgive him for he knows not what he sez...

wink.gif

THE REASON people (like myself) put switches on our HID systems is because the ignition of the light is the most "taxing" to the bulb/ingnitor. It's similar to starting your car when first thing after a long resting period...there is no oil on the top end, and the most wear takes place then. Ideally...we would prime the oil systems and get the fluid running before starting the machine...but's costly.

As for the lights, some people feel the systems life expectancy is directly proportional to the number of ignitions it performs.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140155438 -->

This was not about HID lighting Have that was wondering if anyone uses an extra set of lights on the busa can the system handle it
rock.gif

Iwas wondering ir anyone knows the output of the busa's charging system as i wanted to add some extra driving lights and the Service Manual does not tell you ..Thanks ...
As per Chapter 8 (Servicing Information) Page 52 of the Hayabusa Service Manual, the alternator’s max output is rated approximately 400 Watts @5,000 RPM.

The regulated voltage output is: 13.5~15.0 volts @5,000 RPM

The current potential may then be derived using Ohm’s Law.

Wattage/Voltage = Current

Assuming a max charging voltage of 15 volts is present:

400 Watts/15 Volts = 26.66 Amp potential current delivery

Assuming a charging voltage of 13.5 is in use:

400 Watts/13.5 Volts = 29.62 Amps potential current delivery

As you can see, the charging system puts out far less than the 90 Amps suggested in one of the previous posts. I hope you find this helpful.

<!--EDIT|Quasar
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140184405 -->

That's what I had thought. Someone above said that starting with a low battery could cause "major damage."
Why is that?

As per Chapter 8 (Servicing Information) Page 52 of the Hayabusa Service Manual, the alternator’s max output is rated approximately 400 Watts @5,000 RPM.

The regulated voltage output is: 13.5~15.0 volts @5,000 RPM

The current potential may then be derived using Ohm’s Law.

Wattage/Voltage = Current

Assuming a max charging voltage of 15 volts is present:

400 Watts/15 Volts = 26.66 Amp potential current delivery

Assuming a charging voltage of 13.5 is in use:

400 Watts/13.5 Volts = 29.62 Amps potential current delivery

As you can see, the charging system puts out far less than the 90 Amps suggested in one of the previous posts. I hope you find this helpful.
Thank-you i see i won't have any discharging issue's then thats what ineeded to know ...

I installed my HID system with a switch and relay, I also installed one of Icemann's yellow bulbs in the high beam. During the day I run my high beam, and turn my HID on at night. I also did the parking light mod with amber leds from super bight leds. The look is awesome.

Back