Charging/stator Problem

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
bikes not charging , checked the rectifier and passed, stator failed miserably so I ordered a new one and replaced it and the new one also failed the test on the manual. I love my busa but I am just about ready to give up on it. I am spending more time fixing it than riding it. Ever since the connector for the rectifier melted it has been all down hill it has been the most unreliable motorcycle i have owned. any ideas welcomed on a fix.

Has the bike been modified in any way? Has the wiring been removed or messed around with?
Sounds like maybe a bad earth, a dodgy fuse, broken wire/s, bad connector, maybe even a spike to the ecu because of the melted rectifier plug?
Why did the rectifier plug melt? If that plug melted, is it possible that the rectifier needs replacing?
Do you know the bikes history? What's it's milage? What year is the bike? Does the bike run ok, apart from the charging problem?

I had the same issues as you,I decided to replace the rectifier and stator as a hole unit and hard wired the lot! I found over the yrs that it just saves time when one goes it damages the other

Back