Charging issues

Dcroes92

Registered
1st gen hayabusa 2004 not charging
Measured continuity between 3 yellow wires all reading 0.4 ohms
Measured AC voltage from stator when reving 60+ volts
One of the wires doesnt have voltage at all when revving the engine...
Do all three wires are suposed to have voltage or only 2 of them?

The yellow wire with 3 black dots is the one that isnt charging
But does measure .4 ohms
20191008_114407.jpg

If it ain’t charging at the same AC volts as the other two phases, it is faulty.
Also, test it for continuity to ground, do you have a manual? Go through the ground testing with your meter.

No manual
But could it be faulty even if it has continuity between the 3 phases?

Believe it or not - yesterday! afternoon I had such a problem with too little battery power at a freind´s 2002 hayabusa.

Only just 12.9 - 13.1 v came to the battery from rectifier/regulator.
result: no charging - on the contrary, the battery was getting weaker and weaker.
So I disconnectet the 3-point plug under the gas tank and measured the 3 poles of the stator against each other - 65-70V.
so far it looked ok, so what (b..llsh..t) happens there? (i "sell" an "u" and an "i") ;)
i cleaned ANY pin in the main plugs under the tank and the regulator ´s plugs in the rear by contact spray , re-connected all again, and? still low voltage at the battery.
my curses were definitely not youth-free !

i again disconnected the stator´s 3-point plug under the gas tank and connected both plugs (m & fem) by 3 flying testing 2.5² wires to meassure the voltage when motor is running and lights are on.
result : voltage was arround 12.4-12.9 v
damn, thats not ok, too low
then i changed the stator and meassured the same way like before
and ?
13.0-13.5 v now - regulator was connected properly, motor running + lights on - okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
then i meassured the voltage at the battery poles and i found 13.9 upon there. YES! 10 of 10 (bowling)!
with that voltage the battery should be charged again properly - but a "long-term test" is still pending.

perhaps this description may help - i hope so.

Back