Charging issues

ky busa

Registered
Develop a problem since Saturday my busa will drain my battery ever 100 miles till it won't crank. New battery what parts do you check magneto and rectifier? How do you check them? It has 76500 miles original owner she putting up a fight to go 100,000 miles just solved my fuel pump issue.:laugh:

Most likely the rectifier. I have a Gen1, I'm on my 3rd one. Diagnosing mine was easy, the wires going to it were melted.

Develop a problem since Saturday my busa will drain my battery ever 100 miles till it won't crank. New battery what parts do you check magneto and rectifier? How do you check them? It has 76500 miles original owner she putting up a fight to go 100,000 miles just solved my fuel pump issue.:laugh:
these motors are capable of over 300k I believe... a few have over 200k now

First test the output from the stator, there are 3 wires, each is a separate phase and should be 60 to 100v AC each.
Providing the stator tests ok, next test is the voltage rectifier/regulator.
Look at the wiring and connector plug, if they show signs of melted insulation and melted plug, repair the wiring and replace the reg/rectifier and solder the wires instead of replacing the connector plug.
You really should test the reg/rectifier with a multimer set to the ohms scale. The specs are in the service manual.
If you need the specs, I can post up a pic of the manual's page with relevant info.

Back