Charging issues

Vincent Baker

Registered
I have 2011 busa. I’m having charging issues. I found the issues to be my wires rectifier. I have changed out my rectifier bc the wires melted together. I decided to solder the wires together to fix the issue. A couple months later, I’m having the same problem again. This time my stator wires melt together. Is this normal for busa? What could cause this issue? Should I troubleshoot another issue?

9D9A5656-4CFF-4F84-9BD4-DC8C49FF0577.jpeg

The heat that melts the wires depends on the power dissipated at the connector, which is current * resistance. Assuming the R/R regulates properly (check the Manual how to test it), the stator doesn't have any burnt phases and you don't have any short or fancy power-hungry aftermarket components installed, the current should be ok.

Then it would a matter of resistance. Are these the OEM connectors? If so, is the harness-side connector half burnt? Has it been replaced? Generally, in order to get low resistance, you need a large metal contact area, which means: a) properly sized connectors, b) snug/tight contact at the pins, so that not only part of the pins make contact and c) clean, rust-free pins

The heat that melts the wires depends on the power dissipated at the connector, which is current * resistance. Assuming the R/R regulates properly (check the Manual how to test it), the stator doesn't have any burnt phases and you don't have any short or fancy power-hungry aftermarket components installed, the current should be ok.

Then it would a matter of resistance. Are these the OEM connectors? If so, is the harness-side connector half burnt? Has it been replaced? Generally, in order to get low resistance, you need a large metal contact area, which means: a) properly sized connectors, b) snug/tight contact at the pins, so that not only part of the pins make contact and c) clean, rust-free pins

Thx for information. It’s OEM connectors. I’m going change out my stator. I’m going solder the wires directly to each other. Do you see any issues doing so?

If you have verify your stator/ rectifier and they are working correctly I don't see a issue with the wire to wire solution. At this stage seems the only way to go. Unless you like doing this over again down the road sometime.

The stator is bad now after the melt connectors. I want say all this happens when I installed speakers and amp. I disconnected everything. I’m going back to the basic.

Back