Charging Issues/Questions on test procedures

Rigginit

Registered
Hello! Let me get the details out of the way:
2006, No electrical mods aside from a USB charge port powered by the tag light. Has a charging issue as of 3 days ago. I have researched on possibilities and gathered all test info to perform including the service manual procedures.
Have followed all advice from searching so far and others results with same issue but no luck as of yet

Issue:
The bike lasts as long as the battery's charge while running. While off it sits fine as long as the battery wasn't weak upon shutting it off.

Tests/results so far:
-12.4v across the battery terminals. Voltage drops down with ignition or high beam on (11.7ish). Does not rise at all with Engine revved to 5k.
-Stator tests in the manual followed with the exception of the AC voltage (Turns out 3grand in a nice snap-on meter still isn't enough for it to test normal AC voltage unless I'm stupid and not seeing it). Meter appears to go up to 50v AC only, which the rev tests on the yellows easily reached that peak at about 2k rpm, can only assume the 65ish acceptable voltage would easily be hit if it could read it.
-3 Yellow wires from stator read an acceptable .26 ohms across them every possible combination.
-All harnesses and plugs are in pristine condition. No darkened areas to hint to heat, no melted plugs or wires, no pins dislodging from the connectors. All connectors tight and clear from pinched/rubbing/raw areas or breaks.
-Removed stator cover/stator for physical inspection hoping to find burnt coils like a lot of other folks... nothing. Looked fine with only maybe a slight difference in color on the barely orangeish side)
-As for the rectifier/regulator..... this is where My first question comes into play. The Service manual shows what the reading should be between the different wires when using a 2v Diode check setting on a multimeter. I've measured from the 3 black input wires to the output Black/Red wire with all readings acceptable by the manual, same with the Black/White to Black/Red readings. (.53 between Blacks and Output, .78 between B/W and B/R)
It also has readings you should receive when reversing the probes on the same terminals .... I'm lost. These are diodes which keep the voltage/current traveling in one direction right? Wouldn't a reading of voltage flowing the other way show the Diode was bad? I did not get a reading at all with the probes reversed.
-Battery was fully charged, Load tested by a local Bike shop earlier today to rule it out. Tested great according to them.

Soooo... Not sure where to go next without just throwing parts at it. I don't have the money for more than one of these 3 parts (have to borrow a little if it turns out to be a stator) so have to be SURE it's the proper part. Anything else I'm missing? Another part that could cause this or a test I've looked over? This is my main transportation or I wouldn't be in such a rush to figure it out.

Thanks for reading and any advice in advance.

Alright battery load tested and checked out. Put your meter across the battery and take the bike to 5K RPMs u should get 13.4 to 15.1 VDC.

It doesnt. Which i know is the issue but with the test results above, what else can be narrowed down to identify the problem instead of guessing. I cant just throw 500 in parts at it.

Thanks i appreciate the help. The above test results were following the manual, i dont understand the chart for the rectifier and why diodes would have a voltage reading both directions..also may have missed something to check.

There isnt a fuse anywhere that might keep one of the charging system parts from operating is there? This did all seem to happen like a flip of the switch...

Problem solved.

Rectifier was the issue. The chart in the Manual is either Wrong, or for using a Suzuki special meter only. The backwards probed terminals will not read anything at all (open) when reversed. This lead me to believe the (open) reading across the other terminals was in the normal range as well; It wasn't. For example the +B/R to -B1 says it'll show approx. 1.5v ...... nope. But reversing the probes did read the 0.4-0.7 the chart shows. Same for all the positions of the terminals. (For my meter at least). One way readings were close to the same with positive probe on the 3 B's ... and the negative on the BR. I cant remember the direction of the probes... but similar to the BW wire and the 3 B's.... mine didn't have this connection. Swapped it for an R6 rectifier and working great now :D

Back